Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who runs the White House ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Who runs the White House ? Empty
PostSubject: Who runs the White House ?   Who runs the White House ? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:13 am

“I am Iranian by birth and of my Islamic Faith. I am also an American citizen and seek to help change America to be a more Islamic country. My faith guides me and I feel like it is going well in the transition of using freedom of religion in America against itself”

- Valerie Jarrett Stanford University 1977.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Who runs the White House ?   Who runs the White House ? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:39 pm

I don't think anyone has been running the White House the past few years. It's on autopilot until 2016.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Who runs the White House ?   Who runs the White House ? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:23 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
“I am Iranian by birth and of my Islamic Faith. I am also an American citizen and seek to help change America to be a more Islamic country. My faith guides me and I feel like it is going well in the transition of using freedom of religion in America against itself”

- Valerie Jarrett Stanford University 1977.

In response to your quote about Obama voters:

Well, if none of us work I guess this country is really in a mess. I guess that means most Americans are lazy slobs. Because in the last 2 elections there's been a lot more of us than there has of you folks.
Remember, he doesn't have to run again. He won both times.

He could have said I won "handily" but he was trying to be nice.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Who runs the White House ?   Who runs the White House ? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Yes the prophecy of  Alexander Tytler (1747 - 1813) came true with a vengeance and the lowlifes are proud of themselves for it....

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage."
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Who runs the White House ?   Who runs the White House ? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:14 pm

I was wondering what y'all think of this from the national prayer breakfast this morning.

" We see sectarian war in Syria, the murder of Muslims and Christians in Nigeria, religious war in the Central African Republic, a rising tide of anti-Semitism and hate crimes in Europe, so often perpetrated in the name of religion.

So how do we, as people of faith, reconcile these realities -- the profound good, the strength, the tenacity, the compassion and love that can flow from all of our faiths, operating alongside those who seek to hijack religious for their own murderous ends?

Humanity has been grappling with these questions throughout human history. And lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ. In our home country, slavery and Jim Crow all too often was justified in the name of Christ. Michelle and I returned from India --an incredible, beautiful country, full of magnificent diversity -- but a place where, in past years, religious faiths of all types have, on occasion, been targeted by other peoples of faith, simply due to their heritage and their beliefs -- acts of intolerance that would have shocked Gandhiji, the person who helped to liberate that nation.

So this is not unique to one group or one religion. There is a tendency in us, a sinful tendency that can pervert and distort our faith. In today’s world, when hate groups have their own Twitter accounts and bigotry can fester in hidden places in cyberspace, it can be even harder to counteract such intolerance. But God compels us to try. And in this mission, I believe there are a few principles that can guide us, particularly those of us who profess to believe."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who runs the White House ?   Who runs the White House ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who runs the White House ?
Page 1 of 1