Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Congratulations to the Patriots

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Congratulations to the Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Congratulations to the Patriots   Congratulations to the Patriots EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 9:43 pm

They produced when it was needed.

I was pulling for the Patriots because I don't like Pete Carroll.  It seems he left So. California in a lurch, then jumped to the Seahawks without penalty and So. Cal paid the price (see below).

With company in the house, I admit I didn't watch as much of the game as I had planned.

The SoCal Scandal under Pete Carroll.

[quoteAt [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

:]As a result of sanctions issued by both USC and the NCAA, the Trojan athletic program received some of the harshest penalties ever meted out to a Division 1 program. The football team was forced to vacate the final two wins of its 2004 national championship season, as well as all of its wins in 2005. It was also banned from bowl games in both 2010 and 2011 and was docked 30 scholarships over three years. The basketball team gave up all of its wins from the 2007-08 season and sat out postseason play in 2010. The NCAA accepted USC's earlier elimination of its wins between November 2006 and May 2009 and did not sanction the team further.[1]
Shortly after the NCAA handed out its penalties, the Football Writers Association of America announced it would no longer recognize the Trojans as its 2004 national champion.[5] In June 2011, the Bowl Championship Series stripped the Trojans of the 2004 BCS title (leaving Ohio State as the only non-Southern school with a BCS title), though the Associated Press still recognizes the Trojans as its national champions for 2004.
Bush is the first person in the Heisman Trophy's history to give his trophy back to the Heisman Trust, and the 2005 season is the only one in the award's history for which there is no winner.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to the Patriots   Congratulations to the Patriots EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:12 am

The end score tells the story for the win but I feel the Seahawks outplayed the Pats. Local fella, #89 Baldwin, from Gulf Breeze made one of the Seahawks touchdowns. Probably one of the better Superbowl games I've watched in quite some time.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to the Patriots   Congratulations to the Patriots EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 4:34 pm

It was determined by the dumbest call in football history.. They had 3 chances to run it 1 yr and threw for some stupid reason, otherwise Seattle would have won... I agree it was one of the better games, but I watched 3 hrs of the Worst Cooks In America and switched to the game during commercials. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to the Patriots   Congratulations to the Patriots Empty

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to the Patriots
Page 1 of 1