Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NYPD stats over the holidays......

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

NYPD stats over the holidays...... Empty
PostSubject: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:43 am

Waited for the stats to be compiled before posting the results [proof] that aren't my 'rhetoric' but support exactly what was predicted......

There were 2401 arrests made in NYC during the holiday season.....there were 5448 made from the previous year during the same time frame......

There were 347 summons issued as opposed to 4077 issued from the previous year time frame.....

Citizen encounters are down and there has almost been an elimination of stopping and frisking in heavy crime areas...

Not very good numbers from what was [should be] a proactive department....with the negative rhetoric and allegations of abusive force/racism these numbers should not be surprising and if they continue in this downward direction this moron mayor and his administration will have increased problems with the law abiding citizens....

Oh yeah....two officers murdered and two wounded....guess the criminals/thugs must like the trend....
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:35 pm

Let the voters suffer with who/what they voted for.. I'm sure the defense lawyers will be crying over list business from the criminals, paid for by the tax payers...
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:35 pm

Let the voters suffer with who/what they voted for.. I'm sure the defense lawyers will be crying over list business from the criminals, paid for by the tax payers...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 2:34 pm

Lost business, Jake?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 4:42 pm

Lost business for the defense lawyers fighting for the criminals against the victims.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:11 am

Jake92 wrote:
Let the voters suffer with who/what they voted for..  I'm sure the defense lawyers will be crying over list business from the criminals, paid for by the tax payers...

Would agree except that there are folks that recognize this mayor as being a moron and they too will suffer for his lack of leadership and common sense...
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 8:03 am

They need to do whatever it takes to get rid of him legally and get the laws enforced NOW, not wait for the next election...
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 9:14 am

Jake92 wrote:
They need to do whatever it takes to get rid of him legally and get the laws enforced NOW, not wait for the next election...

Unfortunately it's liberal NYC and there are many that support this fool....Don't think the rift with the NYPD will be healed with him...Heck...can't even legally stop the cowh and his actions...
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 1:29 pm

The voters have to decide if they want to live in a city full of criminals or make the politicians, judges, lawyers, and police enforce the laws.. What would YOU want for Pensacola???
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 7:24 am

Jake92 wrote:
The voters have to decide if they want to live in a city full of criminals or make the politicians, judges, lawyers, and police enforce the laws..  What would YOU want for Pensacola???

Isn't it strange that no matter at what level it comes back to the voters...either not participating in the system...being uninformed....agenda driven for the best freebies [entitlement block] etc.,....so as you've pointed out quit correctly it's disingenuous to blame the system it's those participants and/or non-participants that are to blame...
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 7:38 am

Some complain that the cost of enforcing the laws and keeping the criminals locked up are way too high while others complain about the crime rates.. We have a choice of living with criminals being free or locking them up. I vote to lock them up before my wife or mom is a a victim..
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 9:00 am

:
Jake92 wrote:
Some complain that the cost of enforcing the laws and keeping the criminals locked up are way too high while others complain about the crime rates..  We have a choice of living with criminals being free or locking them up.  I vote to lock them up before my wife or mom is a a victim..

cheers
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:58 am

If they let out all the drug users, (not the traffickers) there'd probably be room for a lot of violent offenders.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 11:50 am

I agree to an extent, but where do they draw the line???
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 1:51 pm

Where do you draw the line?

User = People consuming the stuff.  Possession of Marijuana is usually an ounce or two or less.  If they're not rich, possession of more than that usually means that the person is selling drugs to others.

Trafficker = People transporting vast quantities of crap and people selling drugs.  For Marijuana, it is usually transported in compressed kilos or bale-sized quantities.  Traffickers are only in it for the money.  They are the ones killing others over turf and are the ones selling the stuff in quantities for resale.

A few countries (see Portugal drug laws for instance) have decriminalized possession of small quantities and treated drug abuse as a mental illness and offer treatment instead of jail time for users.  I think that is a logical decision.  Drug use is largely a victim-less crime.  Imprisoning drug users is a total waste of resources.

People making meth and trafficking in heroin deserve jail time, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 6:01 pm

I mostly agree but if someone sold or gave your kids or grand kids 1 ounce of pot every day for a week, what is a reasonable penalty??? What if the same person is also dealing heroin???
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:41 pm

Like I said, traffickers should get jail time. I don't care what they're selling, or how many different types of drugs they're selling. People selling heroin should be taken out behind the woodshed first.

By the way, nobody is going to give away an ounce of weed per day. Current prices run between $100 to $500 per ounce. In the unlikely event your kid has 4-5 ounces that someone gave to him and he is caught with it, he would be charged with "intent to distribute"... a felony... because the assumption is made that it is much more than consumers need and it is probably being sold. Only folks like Snoop Dogg or Willie Nelson can afford to keep that much weed for their own consumption.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 10:47 am

I used the amount as an example.. Change the ounce to 1 joint a day and give your opinion... Remember, it's your daughter or grand daughter that's getting it..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:59 pm

No change in my opinion, Jake.  

This isn't a perfect world.  Kids will get introduced to drugs.  I doubt it will be a greasy dude standing lecherously on a street corner that exists only to get naive kids hooked.  It will probably be a friend that wants to share an experience with a friend.  It is up to kids to make the decision to not let drugs ruin their lives.  Either they say "no", become a sometime user (like most drug users), or let the drugs ruin their lives.  You cannot live their life for them.  Raise 'em the best you can and hopefully, they will make the decision to not let drugs ruin their lives.

I have one son who used to use drugs, but doesn't anymore and one who said "no".  I don't have animosity for the person who introduced drugs to the son who used drugs.  That son is a good kid (31 years old now) and I think he turned out great.  He is more loving and comes over to help me work on the house... a lot.  

I suspect you want me to say anybody that introduces kids to drugs ought to have the book thrown at them.  When you were growing up, didn't someone talk you into getting drunk before legal drinking age?  Do you think that person deserved jail for that?  Alcohol, a drug, is worse than some other drugs and less troublesome than some other drugs.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 5:48 pm

I understand 100% Eric.. I used to sip dad's beer when I was a little kid. I also used to light his pipe for him about the same age.. I agree that it's up to the kids, but I also think the laws should be enforced EQUALLY for everybody or changed according to what the majority of the LEGAL voters want.. I wish they would legalize pot and release the occasional USERS from jail/prison, but until the laws are changed, they should be enforced..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NYPD stats over the holidays......   NYPD stats over the holidays...... Empty

Back to top Go down

NYPD stats over the holidays......
Page 1 of 1