Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple Empty
PostSubject: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 10:37 am

This bike has no chain or sprockets and steers with front and back wheels. This video makes it look easy... but I have my doubts. What do y'all think?

Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 12:08 pm

That looks like something that hallmark might like.
Back to top Go down
https://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:29 am

Very cool but I can tell this guy is constantly struggling for control in turns. Looks like the idea is on target but the execution is still a bit off.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHJ4oyCDzZk&feature=related
these are not very hard to build. You guys have me pegged. I will most likely build one soon. They differt from the one isn Eric post but a little close.

Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Erics post is built on a Unicycle with a frame bar. Neat Idea. I dont know if I can ride one or not. I think I can. I am going to build one and find out..............
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:24 pm

After riding a recumbent bicycle and almost busting my butt in the hills of Birmingham, I will stay with a bicycle, thank-you-very-much!

I rode (and almost bought) a tricycle that Hallmarkgrad had, but the center of gravity was kinda high. Even with three wheels, since you cannot lean into the curves, it is somewhat disconcerting.

I have asked my son and his bicycle-shop-owning buddy to see if they can build me a trike that looks like this... with tilted wheels... and maybe a little lower.

Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple Do-com10
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:32 pm

This looks stable too.

Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:37 pm

A "Tadpole"trike is more stable. People build both styles, the Delta and the Tadpole, with wheels that lean. One disadvantage of canted wheels is that it puts a big load on the spokes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcKo6NYTJeI&feature=related
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 7:38 pm

I have started doing this and it is super fun: trikking*

*Just so you know the autocorrect changed it to "tricking".

BAD autocorrect. BAD!
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 7:59 pm

I saw one of those for sale at the Bike shop. Looked interesting.....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:07 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:

Ooooooohhh! That's NICE! I see $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:20 pm

SheSurfs wrote:
I have started doing this and it is super fun: trikking*

My back hurts just watching that. Oh, it looks like FUN, but my poor lumbar back has hurt since 1967. The US Army said I was unfit for Service in 1969. I can't stand for very long before my back starts to hurt. That's why I am looking for something that will allow me to take a load off my back vertebra... a recumbent.

Don't get me wrong, life has been good. My back doesn't agree, but life is good. Laughing
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Gotcha, Eric. A recumbent sounds perfect. There are a lot of guys and couples around OB and GS that ride them frequently....several snowbirds too. I am just now considering adding cycling to my regimen knowing that the running and surfing will not last forever. I have a cranky knee and am even starting to notice that my endurance isn't what it used to be (insert bad words here). But before I give that all up, I am going for a triathlon. I know near to nothing about racing bicycles except that they are expensive.

This is my current bike. As you can see, it isn't exactly a racing model...though I love this bike like crazy and have put thousands of miles on it in the last few years. Maybe Hallmark has some suggestions?

Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple Trk_wsd_nav2_09_m
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:38 am

Very good topic. Let me state I am no expert and 90% of my cycling knowledge is self taught. I ride a old school Fuji Tiara road bike. The types and styles of bicycles, even road bikes seems endless. No bike is worth very much unless it "Fits". that is the secret of cycling. Of course what material the cycle is made of , steel, aluminum, or carbon fiber is important and will play a major role in how the bike rides.
When I started riding about 5 years ago I had a old Schwinn World that I bought at a thrift store. I read every thing I could on how to adjust the , seat, handle bars, Etc. It was ok but nothing very good. Then one day I took my wrenches and went to the park trying all sorts of fine tuning settings. Then I know this sounds trite, Boom I found it. The bike felt entirely different.

It maybe a good idea to try and ride as many different bikes as you can. Tri bikes have Aero bars and for me they are hard to get set just right.

They guys down at Cycle sports are good guys and can help you with a bike selection if you happen to go that way. Ask for Tom, Tell him you talked to old guy with Red Fuji.

Lately I have a mountain bike that I seem to like riding better than the road bike. I put smaller tires on it and it works well. Good to train on as it is not a harsh a ride as my road bike. But the road bike is still my fav for what I call my "Smooth road" rides. Out 98 to Blue angel, to Gulf beach then to Navy point. Of course OB and GS is the Mecca for riding but even some of the roads off the beach can get a tad rough. Good luck. The offer is open for you to ride any of my bike to see what you might like. I will find a better pic of the Fuji later
Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple Rvfxms
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 8:08 am

I ride a recumbent Exercycle just about every weekday and like the comfort it provides. So, I thought a recumbent bicycle would be just the thing. With cash in hand, I visited a friend that is a seller of high end tandems and recumbents. The recumbent's balancing is different than a standard bike, and I had several embarrassing moments on a test ride. That kinda scared the hell out of me. Unaccustomed to the bike, I was afraid I would veer into traffic and get run over.

My current bicycle is a Trek 700. It is a hybrid. It is mostly like a road bike, but the tires are a little fatter. That way, I can ride it on moderately packed dirt... Something you wouldn't want to do with a skinny-tired road bike.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 8:49 am

Try a "Tadpole" Trike.............................Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple Trike+001
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 12:05 pm

That's a pretty sturdy looking bike, Georgie Boy. I read where the twisting gear shifts are not too easy to master... and steer at the same time. Worth looking into tho.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 12:39 pm

That is a homebuilt one, but there our alot of other companies.who make them. I have looked into some, I might think about it again. A trie is very cool. I would think a nice one would be very worthy. Some of them fold up to make them easier to carry. I might try to build one. I have thought about it..hummmmmmm
Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple Artifice-27-speed-foldable-recumbent-tadpole-trike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple   Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing a new way to "bust ass"... the Bicymple
Page 1 of 1