Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

John McCain's revenge against the Apaches..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eddard

Eddard

John McCain's revenge against the Apaches.. Empty
PostSubject: John McCain's revenge against the Apaches..   John McCain's revenge against the Apaches.. EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 7:58 pm

I heard on the radio yesterday that this POS legislation had gone through and would become law.

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com:81/2014/12/10/video-what-resolution-copper-wants-inflict-apache-sacred-land-158221

It all about a site called Apache Leap where dozens of Apache warriors and their families jumped over the side of a cliff to avoid being wiped out by a group of invading citizens and our armies back in the 1800's. The skeletons of these warriors remained on the side of the cliff for years in remembrance of what had happened there, but John McCain thought the place would make a good site for a copper mining operation owned by an Australian company (think kickback) and has managed to "swap out the Indians' sacred site for some other lousy piece of land to toss to our first nation citizens. There won't be any profit for the good old USA out of this business, so the only reason I can imagine that McCain would swap a piece of federal land that Eisenhower set aside as a "no mining" area would be because HE'S the one profiting from it. Devil's Canyon is part of the deal going to the Aussies to mine and is one of the most beautiful places in Arizona.
Talk about a worthless POS legislator, McCain used to have my respect but he lost it several years ago.
He's nothing but an old fool and an old tool anymore.
But I've got to congratulate him, he's screwed those poor Indians again.
Along with the rest of us who think America should preserve the few truly beautiful places it has left for us citizens to enjoy.

http://www.silverbelt.com/v2_news_articles.php?story_id=1054&page=77
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: John McCain's revenge against the Apaches..   John McCain's revenge against the Apaches.. EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 8:10 pm

The US is gaining more land than what they're giving away, but the land they're giving away is rich in copper and another mineral that I cannot remember. More importantly, the land is considered sacred to the native Americans.

The deal is supposed to create a bunch of jobs and I suspect that jobs was the incentive to give the land away. It is a cold-hearted deal and I suspect the environment will suffer from the mining as well as screwing the Native Americans once again.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: John McCain's revenge against the Apaches..   John McCain's revenge against the Apaches.. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:03 am

How is McCain "profiting"?

If one were to read the PROPOSED legislation it's clear that tribal representatives are involved in discussions about the proposal. This legislation has been floating around for almost 2 years and hasn't gone anywhere. Maybe it won't.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: John McCain's revenge against the Apaches..   John McCain's revenge against the Apaches.. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:21 am

nochain wrote:
How is McCain "profiting"?

If one were to read the PROPOSED legislation it's clear that tribal representatives are involved in discussions about the proposal. This legislation has been floating around for almost 2 years and hasn't gone anywhere. Maybe it won't.

Guess because it's in Arizona so somehow.....Would imagine that the tribal leaders would have a huge say so in this land being turned over and/or sold....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: John McCain's revenge against the Apaches..   John McCain's revenge against the Apaches.. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:39 am

It's not tribal land, is it? (I didn't think it was.)
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: John McCain's revenge against the Apaches..   John McCain's revenge against the Apaches.. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:44 am

Eric wrote:
It's not tribal land, is it?  (I didn't think it was.)

Based on the historical significance and possible religious and/or burial land wouldn't that be protected and the tribal leaders would have to be included in any transactions....well that's how past situations similar to this have been handled...
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: John McCain's revenge against the Apaches..   John McCain's revenge against the Apaches.. EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:00 pm

http://thehigherlearning.com/2014/11/16/sioux-native-americans-release-statement-calling-keystone-xl-pipeline-an-act-of-war/

Once again we break our word
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: John McCain's revenge against the Apaches..   John McCain's revenge against the Apaches.. EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:10 pm

Furthermore the Sioux Nations still own the Black Hills in toto.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Sioux_Nation_of_Indians

my point is when dealing with the First People We have almost never kept our word.

Perhaps when the Senator dies someone should sew his ears open so he can remember his promises
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John McCain's revenge against the Apaches..   John McCain's revenge against the Apaches.. Empty

Back to top Go down

John McCain's revenge against the Apaches..
Page 1 of 1