Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Enough, Gov. Scott. Enough.

Go down 
+5
mediawatcher
riceme
nochain
Jake92
Eric
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jake92

Enough, Gov. Scott.  Enough. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough, Gov. Scott. Enough.   Enough, Gov. Scott.  Enough. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 3:39 pm

I think disability is tax free where regular social security is taxable.. Even disability is taxable above a certain level..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Enough, Gov. Scott. Enough.   Enough, Gov. Scott.  Enough. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 4:28 pm

I think the INTENT of Social Security Disability is good, but the bar is set way too low.

Hell, I have had a bad back all my life, even visiting a chiropractor in my teenage years and ineligible for the draft, but, dammit, I worked for a living.  I probably could have qualified for disability, but it just doesn't sound right. I have as many faults as the next guy, but being a mooch isn't one of them.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Enough, Gov. Scott. Enough.   Enough, Gov. Scott.  Enough. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 7:53 pm

Jake, every single human being in America benefits from federal money, whether it's because they are supplying our defense or because they are paying for our highways. Under your way of thinking, we would all have to be drug tested whether we work or not.

Drug testing is already done to pilots, truckers, all kinds of people in jobs where safety is a concern.
That makes sense.

Testing people who receive any state or  federal money would be cost prohibitive and simply nosey. I don't know why Republicans would ever support such a waste of taxpayer money on something that is a useless invasion of privacy. Barry Goldwater would have hated the idea.
You'd have to test kids on pell grants, people on social security, and anybody who uses the federal highway system. Shoot, you'd have to test people that use our state parks and national parks. Those are there because us taxpayers finance them.  I get the benefit of taxpayer's money everytime I go to the Smokey Mountains.

It's outrageous, just like Rick Scott is outrageous. He's just playing to his welfare hating base. And he's wasting my tax money doing it.  
I don't know if social security disability is tax free but I know that military disability is. We get a check every month and nothing is taken out of it. I have a friend on Social Security disability who retired the same year as I did with less yearly income than me and her social security check is higher than mine because she gets disability from SS and I don't. Maybe it isn't taxed but I also think the rates are higher.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Enough, Gov. Scott. Enough.   Enough, Gov. Scott.  Enough. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 9:05 pm

I agree every human being in the country benefits from federal tax money, but there are millions that take the benefits illegally and never paid a penny in.. Is it legal for non citizens to receive the same benefits that your children get after you paid taxes for your entire working life... Should 3rd generation welfare families have the same big screen TV that you worked for bought by your tax money while they never worked for anything???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enough, Gov. Scott. Enough.   Enough, Gov. Scott.  Enough. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Enough, Gov. Scott. Enough.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2