Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A great musician you never heard of.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BobW

BobW

A great musician you never heard of. Empty
PostSubject: A great musician you never heard of.   A great musician you never heard of. EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 11:52 am

He's been called both "Duane Allman's replacement" and "The 6th Stone".
That's because he's played the role of both.  First as an unofficial member of The Allman Brothers Band,  and later as an unofficial member of The Rolling Stones which he continues today.

He makes it look so easy in this youtube...

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: A great musician you never heard of.   A great musician you never heard of. EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 12:20 pm

I can't walk and chew gum, so playing a piano... with two hands... is out of the question for me.

I have great respect for musicians... and THIS guy is very good, Bob.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
polecat

polecat

PostSubject: Re: A great musician you never heard of.   A great musician you never heard of. EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 2:08 pm

http://www.chuckleavell.com/trees.html

Also a hell of a Tree Farmer.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: A great musician you never heard of.   A great musician you never heard of. EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:44 pm

I have a friend whose father is a self-made zillionaire who lives within an hour of Leavell's tree farm. Every summer, as part of their preparation to take over his business as adults, each was expected to plant 1,000 saplings by hand on the family farm where the previously forested land had been chopped down or burned during the Civil War.

(Only when they finished planting were they allowed to start work in the factory where they had to scrub, sweep, clean bathrooms, de-sludge filtering pits. Made for really fun summers, lol).

Hmmm…maybe Leavall and my friend's dad were in cahoots on this tree-planting concept.

Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: A great musician you never heard of.   A great musician you never heard of. EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 7:03 am

After Duane Allman died, Leavell substituted his piano playing for Allman's guitar and Leavell and Betts were able to maintain the harmonies the Allman Brothers Band were known for.

This is a prime example of it...

In this youtube, a much older Leavell explains how it was done...

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: A great musician you never heard of.   A great musician you never heard of. EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 9:25 am

For those of you that may be wondering, Mr. Bob really, really, really likes the Allman Brothers.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: A great musician you never heard of.   A great musician you never heard of. EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 9:41 am

Eric wrote:
For those of you that may be wondering, Mr. Bob really, really, really likes the Allman Brothers.

You can add two more reallys to that. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A great musician you never heard of.   A great musician you never heard of. Empty

Back to top Go down

A great musician you never heard of.
Page 1 of 1