Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Separation of Church and military

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Separation of Church and military Empty
PostSubject: Separation of Church and military   Separation of Church and military EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 10:00 pm

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/10/laurence-m-vance/official-blasphemy/

The military blasphemy that occurs in churches on not just on the Sunday closest to the Fourth of July, Army Day, Flag Day, Marine Corps Day, Memorial Day, Navy Day, Veterans Day, Air Force Day, Armed Forces Day, Coast Guard Day, and Patriots Day, but also on special “military appreciation” days that some churches designate, is enough to make one cry, shake one’s head in disgust, or vomit.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Separation of Church and military   Separation of Church and military EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 7:58 am

At the Catholic churches I have attended, there are no military bibles.

But sometimes we sing America the Beautiful after the mass has ended.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Separation of Church and military   Separation of Church and military EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 8:02 am

Eric wrote:
At the Catholic churches I have attended, there are no military bibles.

But sometimes we sing America the Beautiful after the mass has ended.

Is that now considered bad....inappropriate...politically incorrect or offensive?....Would prayers/thoughts/moments of silence for our troops also be in the same category?.... Not really seeing what the problem is here?....Have heard prayers offered for all serving in harm's way to return home to their families safe and sound and conflicts to end...seems like a pretty decent hope...

Have never seen a military Bible....even attending non-denominational services on NAS....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Separation of Church and military   Separation of Church and military EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 8:32 am

Not a conscious effort against those bibles in our Church... that I'm aware of, anyway. I was just saying that I haven't seen them either.

I can understand some people's objections to "militarization" of the bible. Those folks are probably sour on wars in general.

While I'm not a war-monger, if I was conscripted and sitting in a foxhole with bullets flying over my head, I'd probably find some comfort with prayers that were specific to my situation. And carrying two books (a bible and a separate prayer book) might pose logistical difficulties.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Separation of Church and military   Separation of Church and military EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 8:46 am

Eric wrote:
Not a conscious effort against those bibles in our Church... that I'm aware of, anyway.  I was just saying that I haven't seen them either.

I can understand some people's objections to "militarization" of the bible.  Those folks are probably sour on wars in general.

While I'm not a war-monger, if I was conscripted and sitting in a foxhole with bullets flying over my head, I'd probably find some comfort with prayers that were specific to my situation.  And carrying two books (a bible and a separate prayer book) might pose logistical difficulties.

Again...just may be me but those that object would find something else to object to somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Separation of Church and military   Separation of Church and military EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 9:05 am

Well, I would object if they took my standard prayers and changed them to suit their needs. For instance, I saw this prayer listed: "Lord’s Prayer for the Military Wife".

Make their prayers separate and distinct.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Separation of Church and military   Separation of Church and military EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 9:17 am

Eric wrote:
Well, I would object if they took my standard prayers and changed them to suit their needs.  For instance, I saw this prayer listed:  "Lord’s Prayer for the Military Wife".

Make their prayers separate and distinct.

Always get a little uncomfortable with changes to standard prayers/scripture etc., don't think the original intent was to change to suite needs or to pick and chose which ones one likes... Agree with the separate and distinct thought...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Separation of Church and military   Separation of Church and military Empty

Back to top Go down

Separation of Church and military
Page 1 of 1