Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.

Go down 
+2
Eric
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. Empty
PostSubject: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 8:48 pm

http://www.wnd.com/2014/10/major-u-s-city-demands-oversight-of-sermons/

The recent move came in a subpoena from the city to pastors for copies of their sermons – and copies of other communications from the pastors to their congregations – in the city’s fight over a “non-discrimination” plan that allows “gender-confused” people to use whatever public restrooms with which they identify.

A legal action challenging the city’s move has developed because the city allegedly violated its own charter in the process of adopting the Equal Rights Ordinance, which in May designated homosexuals and transgender persons as a protected class.

Critics say the measure effectively enables sexual predators who dress as women to enter female public bathrooms, locker rooms and shower facilities. And a coalition of activists that includes area pastors filed suit Aug. 6 against the city and lesbian Mayor Annise Parker after officials announced a voter petition to repeal the measure didn’t have enough signatures to qualify for the election ballot.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/10/major-u-s-city-demands-oversight-of-sermons/#iKzLjeFQOwvCC2ac.99
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 8:51 pm

If I was a pastor, I would just deny their request.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 9:14 pm

Rebel. Bet you believe in that 1st amendment BS.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 9:29 pm

Yep.  If they want a transcript, they can come record it and transcribe it themselves.

Besides, I have given many speeches and never write out a speech out beforehand.  I just put a dozen or so words on a page to remind me of my talking points.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 10:01 am

This is the most childish thing I've ever heard of.  
A texas city government which apparently has never heard of the First Amendment.  
And making such a big deal out of who goes to the bathroom and where.

If I'm in Texas I don't give a crap who's in the bathroom with me as long as they don't have ebola.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 10:28 am

Just another case of a significant minority making life miserable for the majority. Put up a porta-potti and call it a day.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 10:46 am

I'm pretty liberal myself, y'all probably already figured that out. But I don't want to go into a bathroom with opposite sex people or with people I can't figure out the sex of.

I'd just refuse to give the city my sermons and let them try to send the cops out after them. I bet even Houston police know better than to do that. The whole thing is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 11:44 am

Eddard wrote:
I'm pretty liberal myself, y'all probably already figured that out. But I don't want to go into a bathroom with opposite sex people or with people I can't figure out the sex of.

I'd just refuse to give the city my sermons and let them try to send the cops out after them. I bet even Houston police know better than to do that.  The whole thing is ridiculous.

Why would you even bother trying to figure out the sex of another person in a bathroom?  It's not like anybody is in there to ogle you.

I'm just in there to do my business.  

The only concern I have... and maybe I'm paranoid about this... but when I am at the urinal in a public restroom, I have this feeling that some fool is going to conk me on the head or stab me in the back, just to get my wallet that doesn't have any money in it.  I am always looking over my shoulder.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 1:27 pm

Yeah I got that same hair raising on the back of my neck stuff. Probably from when we used to leak on a tree and worried about a bear chomping us. I get the same feeling when I am sleeping in my tent in the woods. I am always wondering if someone might shoot into my tent and kill me and take my stuff. So with a little monofilament line and some empty cans with pebbles in them I sleep better.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 2:47 pm

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 5:16 pm

nochain wrote:
Just another case of a significant minority making life miserable for the majority. Put up a porta-potti and call it a day.

There's a reason why we don't have unimpeded "majority rule".  
It's because our country was invented as a response to "majority rule".  
The majority in England wanted to shove their religion down the throats of a minority.
That minority is called the Pilgrims and we celebrate them every Thanksgiving.

And when the best minds of our ancestors invented the country,  it wasn't either the majorities OR the minorities they gave the "god given" rights to.
They decided to give us rights just as individuals.  We don't even need to be part of a group.
Our rights were afforded to you,  and to me and to every other individual.  All by our lonesomes.
When they did that,  it was a turning point in all of human history.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 6:22 pm

This seems like the city using its power to punish the pastors for filing suit against them. Wasn't someone else in texas just indicted for a similar charge?

Either way, There are places that have unisex bathrooms. I personally do not like them. I feel its a danger to people. Rapist could dress up as drag queens and go into womens rest rooms and rape them.

Some things should be kept separate. and going to the bathroom is one of them. This isn't equal rights, its stupidity.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 6:47 pm

In some areas of the world, unisex bathrooms are the norm. I wonder what the rape percentage is for the bathrooms.

Chrissy, do you have any figures?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 6:53 pm

I don't see any figures about rape, but I sure see a lot of links related to people that don't like unisex bathrooms!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 7:23 pm

Eric wrote:
In some areas of the world, unisex bathrooms are the norm.  I wonder what the rape percentage is for the bathrooms.

Chrissy, do you have any figures?

No I don't see any data. It appears this is a global thing. Many countries are switching to it or have already done it.

I did find this one article against it. >
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/unisex-toilets-in-schools-should-be-avoided-at-all-costs-9206081.html

But how about this?
http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/28/justice/delaware-restroom-cameras/

and how about this from a security company that secures public restrooms>

More serious crimes, such as robberies or sexual assaults, can also be committed in public restrooms. Sometimes, an attacker will drag his victim into public restroom before carrying out his attack.

http://silvaconsultants.com/joomla1/index.php/security-of-public-restrooms.htm

The rapist wont even have to drag her in, she'll just walk in or he can just walk in behind her.

That's all I can find now, Google has all the front pages full of transgender rights stuff about it. They do that on purpose.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 7:31 pm

If you have to use the public bathroom, find the ones which can be locked from the inside.
That way if you're a tranny or drunk or stoned or bleeding or vomiting or anything else, no one has to know.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Although we can't assume that all trannies are gonna look alike. Some men just don't have the bodies or faces or both to pass as women. But some do.
So when when fully or partially clothed, it aint possible to tell the difference.
Others can be covered in a burka and you still know they're men.

So the law would need to differentiate between the offensive and the invisible trannies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 7:42 pm

I'm not worried about trannies. I know quiet a few and they are pretty femme.

I would worry more about rapist men taking advantage of the law to stalk prey.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 7:47 pm

BobW wrote:
Although we can't assume that all trannies are gonna look alike.  Some men just don't have the bodies or faces or both to pass as women.  But some do.
So when when fully or partially clothed,   it aint possible to tell the difference.
Others can be covered in a burka and you still know they're men.  

So the law would need to differentiate between the offensive and the invisible trannies.  

Huh?

Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. Huh210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.   Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town. Empty

Back to top Go down

Houston demands oversight of all sermons preached in town.
Page 1 of 1