Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas Empty
PostSubject: deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas   deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 5:08 pm

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/09/30/cdc-confirms-patient-in-dallas-has-the-ebola-virus/

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Officials with the Centers for Disease Control have confirmed that a person in Dallas definitely has the Ebola virus. Tuesday’s official determination makes the Dallas patient the first diagnosed Ebola case in the United States

I am extremely upset about this. This is NOT good.

They allowed this to happen, more than likely planned it. say what you will
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas   deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 5:25 pm

'Tain't good at all.

I doubt this one will be the last.

Batten down the hatches, Suzie, it's gonna be a good blow!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas   deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 5:31 pm

I just heard that other countries have stopped travel from liberia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas   deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 5:43 pm

You think we would have.

I mean WTH.

There is something terribly wrong with this picture.

Bringing it back to the states on purpose. Then sending our soldiers who are NOT healthcare workers INTO it, then this.

It fully should have been expected, I know I did. Its as if it was planned.

Im sorry if I seem like a conspiracy theorist on this but the actions take by our GOV are not the actions of a GOV that is protecting its population.

This is very bad. I can not even state my concerns with words.

You know how I just expressed this to someone, its about like discovering zombies are real and loose in the streets. Its pretty damn close to that.

We cant go back now. This contagion is on the loose im afraid.

Im thinking of pulling my grandkids out of public school and sucking it up. That's how worried I am
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas   deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 6:07 pm

The Dude wrote:
I just heard that other countries have stopped travel from liberia.

OMG......did they lock their border?

We will be the last to do that. Quarantine!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas   deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 6:09 pm

The Obama administration has quietly scrapped plans to enact sweeping new federal quarantine regulations that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention touted four years ago as critical to protecting Americans from dangerous diseases spread by travelers.

The regulations, proposed in 2005 during the Bush administration amid fears of avian flu, would have given the federal government additional powers to detain sick airline passengers and those exposed to certain diseases. They also would have expanded requirements for airlines to report ill passengers to the CDC and mandated that airlines collect and maintain contact information for fliers in case they later needed to be traced as part of an investigation into an outbreak
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/2010-04-01-quarantine_N.htm

we got screwed...........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas   deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 6:33 pm

As the Ebola outbreak continues to cause concern, President Barack Obama has signed an amendment to an executive order that would allow him to mandate the apprehension and detention of Americans who merely show signs of “respiratory illness.”

The executive order, titled Revised List of Quarantinable Communicable Diseases, amends executive order 13295, passed by George W. Bush in April 2003, which allows for the, “apprehension, detention, or conditional release of individuals to prevent the introduction, transmission, or spread of suspected communicable diseases.”
http://www.infowars.com/obama-signs-executive-order-to-detain-americans-with-respiratory-illnesses/

never mind. he fixen that after the fact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas   deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 6:54 pm

Guess we all leaned forward.

The CDC has just announced that Obama has "leaned forward" with his plan in Africa about ebola.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3814186963001/cdc-press-conference-on-first-ebola-case-diagnosed-in-us/#sp=show-clips

Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas   deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 7:34 pm

You guys haven't been paying attention....the government creates a problem then lets everyone panic and plead for help then rides in has our savior.....same old sh-t.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas   deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 7:49 pm

Well, Teo, it certainly IS a problem and I hope logical steps are taken to prevent spread of Ebola.

Right Now, all travelers from Africa need to have their blood screened for Ebola, held in isolation until tests show they're clean. Then, if their temps are okay, they'll all be allowed to travel to the US... or perhaps anywhere other than Africa.

If it is going to be contained, it has to be treated as a contagion, with effective, perhaps Draconian, isolation.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas   deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Bull...the stuff has a 22 day incubation period. I think you should have to spend a month in the kennel before they let you out into general population....
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas   deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 8:46 pm

The incubation is 2- 21 days then it starts out with normal flu like symptoms, fever, aches, chills, headache and then progresses. It spreads through bodily fluids including nasal droplets.
It is also capable of being spread, in semen up to 7 weeks after cured, and in the right conditions the virus can live outside the body for several days.

Ebola, just like HIV and many other diseases, can be contracted through sexual contact with an infected person.
Ebola is transmitted like HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus) but the virus that causes AIDS is much less contagious than Ebola.

But don't worry Sal said, on the PDF, nothing to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas   deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 9:00 pm

Nah, I disagree... we have plenty to worry about. I prefer to take precautions as needed.

Teo had an extremely well-written piece on another thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas   deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 7:15 am

I bet this guy flew here as fast as he could when he found out Obama was giving 2 free easy years of visa for liberians
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas   deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 7:41 am

Chrissy* wrote:
I bet this guy flew here as fast as he could when he found out Obama was giving 2 free easy years of visa for liberians

Not only here but by way of Brussels, Belgium...they estimate there are 100 they are attempting to contact[in Dallas] but makes me wonder if that number is a little low plus those that had connecting flights..

When it was reported that those 'illegals' entering were bringing in illnesses the company line was that it's not a problem and we are ready to contain and treat...now it's expect more cases of ebola ...There is a screening process but it was not followed in Dallas [although some reports claim he told them he traveled from Africa]...

All this time we've worried about terrorists entering our open borders and remaining...guess no one thought that a virus could be the next wave...
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas   deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 9:21 am

The key word is mutation. That changes everything we know about Ebola.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas   deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas Empty

Back to top Go down

deserves own thread. 1st ebola case in usa in dallas
Page 1 of 1