Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joanie

Go down 
+6
riceme
SheSurfs
PkrBum
hallmarkgrad
Eric
Joanimaroni
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Joanie Empty
PostSubject: Joanie   Joanie EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 7:05 pm

You ok?
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Joanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joanie   Joanie EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 8:03 pm

Well.....it's been a stressful summer.  Losing Neko, my neighbor who was hospitalized for 3 months died. And a very close friend fell the first of July. He fell 14 feet from a palm tree and landed on his back and head. He hit the  concrete patio and suffered an open skull fx, traumatic brain injury, multiple small bone fx in the C-spine.  He survived luckily. He was in ICU for 2 weeks, WFH rehab and Pensacola Health Center. I spent many hours sitting with him. Finally he was discharged and his family drove him to their home in NY on Wednesday. He has lost his short term memory....he had a sub dural and an arachnoid bleed. They have not re-absorbed yet.  It is doubtful he will regain 100% mental function.

Oh and my friend's husband, a relative of my fall guy, had a car accident 2 weeks ago and broke his hip and spine.....he had to have a spinal fusion with instrumentation.

A close friend of my kids was distraught and managed to get hit by a train.....6 weeks ago. He lost his leg and is still hopitalized.

It has been stressful.  On an upside son in law is flying with me to Disney World.....we will meet the other that are driving.
down. My daughter, her two friends ( my adopted daughters) and 2- two year olds.......the reason sil and I are flying.

Today I went and had my shoulder injected.....I fell out of my daughter's SUV on Mothers day and have had limited movement. Never had time to see the ortho guy. So the shoulder is great, now.

Things have to get better......The worst is over. I have spent time with all the grandkids.....swimmimg and shopping for school clothes.,

Wow, I bet you didn't expect that answer. This is the first time I have unloaded.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Joanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joanie   Joanie EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 8:08 pm

Dang! It can't get much worse.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Joanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joanie   Joanie EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 8:16 pm

Hope things get better..................Joanie Z
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Joanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joanie   Joanie EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 8:21 pm

I have always had a high stress level while working......a stressful time now is tough...everyday should feel like Saturday.

5 grandkids will be playing soccer this season.....games start in 2 weeks. So I will be enjoying the ball park several nights a week.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

Joanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joanie   Joanie EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 8:33 pm

That's a ton to carry... sry Joani.

Btw... sry if you hadn't heard... but joan rivers is hospitalized in very serious condition.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Joanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joanie   Joanie EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 8:42 pm

The Dude wrote:
That's a ton to carry... sry Joani.

Btw... sry if you hadn't heard... but joan rivers is hospitalized in very serious condition.

I heard.....doesn't sound good.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Joanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joanie   Joanie EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 10:04 pm

Joani, I had no idea. I do so wish you well and that you have turned a corner. Enjoy your vacation! When you get back, be sure to find something to get all that loss and stress out doing something you love.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Joanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joanie   Joanie EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 2:05 am

Wow. Geez Chrissy, how did you know Joani wasn't okay?

Man, I sure hope that things get better for you soon, Joani. It sounds like you have had a very tough year. Dealing with work stress and personal life stress are two very different things. I am very good at one (the former), and not very good at the other (the latter). I bottle up personal stress, and that is very unhealthy. I hope you have someone close you can talk to.

Back to top Go down

Joanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joanie   Joanie EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 8:14 am

Joanie

Jesus loves you and so do I.

Enjoy your vacation trip Smile

Hugs

Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Joanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joanie   Joanie EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 9:07 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
Well.....it's been a stressful summer.  Losing Neko, my neighbor who was hospitalized for 3 months died. And a very close friend fell the first of July. He fell 14 feet from a palm tree and landed on his back and head. He hit the  concrete patio and suffered an open skull fx, traumatic brain injury, multiple small bone fx in the C-spine.  He survived luckily. He was in ICU for 2 weeks, WFH rehab and Pensacola Health Center. I spent many hours sitting with him. Finally he was discharged and his family drove him to their home in NY on Wednesday. He has lost his short term memory....he had a sub dural and an arachnoid bleed. They have not re-absorbed yet.  It is doubtful he will regain 100% mental function.

Oh and my friend's husband, a relative of my fall guy, had a car accident 2 weeks ago and broke his hip and spine.....he had to have a spinal fusion with instrumentation.

A close friend of my kids was distraught and managed to get hit by a train.....6 weeks ago. He lost his leg and is still hopitalized.

It has been stressful.  On an upside son in law is flying with me to Disney World.....we will meet the other that are driving.
down. My daughter, her two friends ( my adopted daughters) and 2- two year olds.......the reason sil and I are flying.

Today I went and had my shoulder injected.....I fell out of my daughter's SUV on Mothers day  and have had limited movement. Never had time to see the ortho guy. So the shoulder is great, now.

Things have to get better......The worst is over. I have spent time with all the grandkids.....swimmimg and shopping for school clothes.,

Wow, I bet you didn't expect that answer. This is the first time I have unloaded.

Sometimes it's GOOD to release some bottled up pressure!...Hope things have turned for the better...
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Joanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joanie   Joanie EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 9:25 am

Better days are ahead. One of my kids had their Tahoe stolen a couple of weeks ago in the Gulf Breeze car burglaries.....3 cars stolen and 20 ransacked. The car was recovered near Hollywood Dr. on the raiload tracks. The vehicle was driven until completely disabled. Luckily the vehicle is repairable and covered by insurance.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Joanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joanie   Joanie EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 9:38 am

Losing someone close is heartbreaking, but we must carry on. I wish you the best, Joani.

Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Joanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joanie   Joanie EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 9:41 am

Smile
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Joanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joanie   Joanie EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 4:27 pm

riceme wrote:
Wow. Geez Chrissy, how did you know Joani wasn't okay?

Man, I sure hope that things get better for you soon, Joani. It sounds like you have had a very tough year. Dealing with work stress and personal life stress are two very different things. I am very good at one (the former), and not very good at the other (the latter). I bottle up personal stress, and that is very unhealthy. I hope you have someone close you can talk to.

Double ditto, Joani!
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Joanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joanie   Joanie EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 7:55 pm

I hope everything is better soon Joani..

I have a case of ??arthritis?? that hit both of my thumbs about a month ago, before my trip up north.. One dr 6 weeks ago said it's tendonitis and another 3 weeks ago says arthritis.. He gave me prednisone in a decreasing dose for 6 days.. It helped the 2nd and part of the 3rd, then was useless.. I'm seeing him again tomorrow and praying for some kind of relief..
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Joanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joanie   Joanie EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 7:30 am

Joani....I am sorry you have had such a rough summer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Joanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joanie   Joanie Empty

Back to top Go down

Joanie
Page 1 of 1