Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Veggie shrimp pasta

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Veggie shrimp pasta Empty
PostSubject: Veggie shrimp pasta   Veggie shrimp pasta EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 11:30 pm

Veggie shrimp pasta Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4oF6WNJsdjoDqzae-tvk_GTmjkfJkPVyYbdgz3cbWIMEqjnpo

1/2 box Brilla spaghetti
1  small bag (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables
1  bag (16 oz) frozen shrimp (not breaded)
4 segments of a garlic clove
1 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP basil
2  sticks of butter

Melt butter in medium sized pot. Take the four segments of garlic clove, press them and add to butter. Then add basil, mixed vegetables, and shrimp. Keep hot until water is pretty much boiled away.

In large pot boil spaghetti for approximately 10-12 minutes then strain out water in strainer. After water is removed put back in pot and sprinkle olive oil over and stir (to keep spaghetti from sticking together).
NOTE: Linguini and many other varieties of pasta can be exchanged in place of regular spaghetti.

Take vegetable and shrimp mix pour over spaghetti and mix together.

Ready to serve.

A fresh loaf of French or Italian style bread goes well with this to wipe up the flavored butter.

ADDITIONAL NOTE:
A nice chilled wine goes well with this. I prefer a rose'. I like Stella Rosa, Stella Berry but then I'm sure there's those who are more of a wine connoisseur than I am since I'm just a simple country boy. Make an antipasto tray of summer sausage, a couple of whole olives, raw radish, raw carrot, cheese (I like a slice of sharp cheddar, provolone, and pepper jack, each with mine), and the like, to serve prior to main course. After main course serve slices of fruit as a desert. Don't forget to have a cappuccino after the last course.

Pretend you're in Italy and have a great day.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb2KwewOBEA

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Veggie shrimp pasta   Veggie shrimp pasta EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 11:59 pm

I like that you use a 1:1 ratio spaghetti to butter. That works for me... a pound for a pound. I loves me some butter!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veggie shrimp pasta   Veggie shrimp pasta EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 6:17 pm

Veggie shrimp pasta Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGaXeHpxpqVtrOOdLfwBduTAsgaON2dhAIIOp_vdJcoK-z5_2L

A lot of that butter will be soaked up by the mixed veggies, shrimp, and pasta.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKJD563qHfI

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Veggie shrimp pasta   Veggie shrimp pasta Empty

Back to top Go down

Veggie shrimp pasta
Page 1 of 1