Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border

Go down 
+3
Joanimaroni
stormwatch89
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border Empty
PostSubject: Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border   Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 8:45 am

Mexico City (AFP) - Mexico's foreign ministry late Friday protested Texas Governor Rick Perry's deployment of National Guard troops to the southern US border to halt the surge of child migrants.

Mexico blasts Texas for National Guard on border Associated Press
Correction: Immigration-National Guard story Associated Press
Texas' Davis against troops at border but backs U.S. funding for security Reuters
Correction: Perry-National Guard story Associated Press
Correction: Immigration-National Guard story Associated Press

Mexico "reiterates, in a firm and categorical way, its rejection of this measure," read a statement from the foreign ministry.

No circumstance at all or change in border security exists that justifies this measure taken by the state."

The troop deployment "does not contribute in any way to solving the immigration problem," and is inconsistent with US-Mexico talks aimed at "building a modern, prosperous and safe border," the statement read.

On Thursday Perry deployed some 1,000 National Guard troops to the border with Mexico.

National Guard troops are soldiers under the authority of the state governor. They cannot detain undocumented migrants, which is a federal responsibility, but they can take over some duties that allows more US Border Patrol agents to monitor the borderline.

http://news.yahoo.com/mexico-protests-texas-national-guard-troops-us-border-094615377.html

What exactly is a modern and prosperous border that we apparently agreed to?
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border   Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 9:12 am

and like magic Rick gets indicted by the Feds...?
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border   Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 8:16 am

No circumstance at all or change in border security exists that justifies this measure taken by the state."

The troop deployment "does not contribute in any way to solving the immigration problem," and is inconsistent with US-Mexico talks aimed at "building a modern, prosperous and safe border," the statement read.

They sound oddly similar to Obama, yes?
Obviously, they don't want them either.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border   Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 8:26 am

Perhaps Mexico will transport the illegal immigrants back home.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border   Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 8:27 am

stormwatch89 wrote:

They sound oddly similar to Obama, yes?
Obviously, they don't want them either.

Utilizing troops are a direct result of the failures of the Federal Government....Not just this administration but DECADES of failures... One of the chief responsibilities of a Strong Central [Federal] Government was to protect citizens from both foreign and domestic threats....We are not...or have not moved in the right direction and elected officials that have allowed this to deteriorate to these current levels have broken a trust with the American citizens and are intentionally...criminally... negligent of their sworn obligations...
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border   Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 9:12 am

There has to be a pervasive political will in dc to NOT secure the border. There've been way to many presidents promise to do something... from both parties... but the results have all been the same. To be fair... I guess obama is doing less than others have as far as results go.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border   Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 9:27 am

I really don't care what Mexico says. They are holding a U.S. Marine and Oblamer has done NOTHING to secure his release. I find it strange that they can snag him and let thousands of others including drug runners walk on through the border. To say nothing of the tunnelers - the Mexicans can pound sand as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border   Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 9:31 am

nochain wrote:
I really don't care what Mexico says. They are holding a U.S. Marine and Oblamer has done NOTHING to secure his release. I find it strange that they can snag him and let thousands of others including drug runners walk on through the border. To say nothing of the tunnelers - the Mexicans can pound sand as far as I'm concerned.

cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border   Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 9:31 am

nochain wrote:

In all the different crisis situations around the world... the Marine remains a captive of what is supposed to be an ally government and the story gets pushed further down the priority list.. Mexico has golf courses so that should get the cowh's attention...Have recommended that we start with Mexico and annex southward...if were gonna pay may as well own...
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border   Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 9:32 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
nochain wrote:

cheers cheers cheers 

Nice avatar for the topic!...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border   Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 7:47 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

In all the different crisis situations around the world... the Marine remains a  captive of what is supposed to be an ally government and the story gets pushed further down the priority list.. Mexico has golf courses so that should get the cowh's attention...Have recommended that we start with Mexico and annex southward...if were gonna pay may as well own...

apparently Obama prefers allies that shit on Americans
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border   Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 7:48 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
nochain wrote:

cheers cheers cheers 

lol

I switched to bud light lime for that reason..............
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border   Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 8:58 am

Chrissy* wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
nochain wrote:

cheers cheers cheers 

lol

organizing a boycott of Mexico and Mexican products?..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border   Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 11:10 am

I prefer Modelo Negra if I am going to drink a Mexican beer. Modelo owns Corona brands and Corona is not highly regarded in Mexico. Modelo is considered to be higher quality.

I prize St. Pauli Girl dark. Not bitter like Heineken, but tasty.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border   Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 7:18 pm

Eric wrote:

I prize St. Pauli Girl dark.  Not bitter like Heineken, but tasty.

Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQD8lO7QUWdvO8W4Ksc9XktYmyJGS_rJ2dVBRSPBJyfLcRcuAC3

A man after my own heart and I especially like the label.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0OxdZCzRWs

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border   Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 7:25 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
Chrissy* wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
nochain wrote:

cheers cheers cheers 

lol

Dammit....it the only beer I drink. Corona dressed...(lime and salt) I' m a picky drinker.

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border   Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 9:02 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Chrissy* wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
nochain wrote:

cheers cheers cheers 

lol

Dammit....it the only beer I drink.  Corona dressed...(lime and salt) I' m a picky drinker.

If it makes you happy, Joani, enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border   Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border Empty

Back to top Go down

Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border
Page 1 of 1