Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Andrew Klavan: What Is Income Redistribution?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Andrew Klavan: What Is Income Redistribution? Empty
PostSubject: Andrew Klavan: What Is Income Redistribution?   Andrew Klavan: What Is Income Redistribution? EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 8:13 pm

ANDREW KLAVAN: I’m Andrew Klavan and this is the Revolting Truth.

Thomas Picketty’s new book Capital in the 21st Century has excited leftists with its call for more income redistribution. The Financial Times and others say the books’ data are suspiciously skewed but the New York Times’ columnist Paul Krugman says he’s received confirmation of Picketty’s numbers on an interplanetary communication device that you can make yourself out of ordinary tinfoil you find at home.

Today, to clarify the underlying issues, the Revolting Truth presents this helpful Q&A.

Q: What is income redistribution?

A: Income redistribution is when you go to work or start a business or make an investment — and earn money — and the government takes the money away from you and gives it to someone else.

Q: So you mean it’s stealing?

A: No, it’s income redistribution.

Q: But what if I won’t give them my money?

A: Then armed men come to your house and take it.

Q: So then it’s armed robbery?

A: No, it’s income redistribution.

Q: Well, when the men try to take my money at gunpoint, what if I call the police?

A: The men are the police.

Q: The police are robbing me at gunpoint???

A: It’s income redistribution!

Q: What if I have a gun too?

A: That would be wrong.

Q: If they’re robbing me at gunpoint, why is it wrong for me to defend myself with a gun?

A: Huh?

Q: Look, instead of taking my money away to give to other people, why not just give those other people jobs?

A: It’s because there aren’t enough jobs to go around.

Q: Why not?

A: Because people aren’t spending enough or creating enough businesses or investing enough.

Q: But that’s because you took their money away!

A: Right! That’s income redistribution!

Q: Let me get this straight. We need more income redistribution because there’s too much income redistribution?

A: Congratulations. Now you’re smarter than Thomas Picketty.

Q: That’s it. I’m buying a gun.

A: But it’s income redistribution!

Q: Pound sand, you Communist thug.

Well, I hope this handy guide has been helpful in understanding Capital in the 21st Century.

Q: Come near me again and I’ll blow your head off!

I’m Andrew Klavan with the Revolting Truth.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/08/14/andrew_klavan_what_is_income_redistribution.html
Back to top Go down

Andrew Klavan: What Is Income Redistribution?
Page 1 of 1