Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

California restaurant bans crying children

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

California restaurant bans crying children Empty
PostSubject: California restaurant bans crying children   California restaurant bans crying children EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:43 pm

A popular restaurant in Monterey has offended parents with a sign they posted that prohibits strollers, high chairs, children crying or making loud noises.

Old Fisherman’s Grotto initially posted two signs two years ago but has recently added a third sign that caught the attention of some tourists, reports KSBW.

"I think it's ridiculous," Teresa Colombani, a tourist to the Monterey area told KSBW. "I think kids need to know how to behave in restaurants, and if you, don't take them to them, they don't know how to behave and they shouldn't be kept hidden away, so I think it's ridiculous. Kids should be allowed in restaurants."

Although the sign does not explicitly ban kids from dining, restaurant owner Chris Shake said that customers who do not heed the establishment’s warning will be asked to leave.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/07/31/ca-restaurant-effectively-bans-kids-with-sign/?intcmp=HPBucket

California restaurant bans crying children Baby-crying

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: California restaurant bans crying children   California restaurant bans crying children EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:04 pm

Depends on the restaurant. If I take a girl to a nice restaurant I don't want to listen to a squalling child. If it's a Wendy's then no problem. Being a libertarian in most things I feel the owners of property may control that property as they see best. Americans can vote with their money if they disagree.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: California restaurant bans crying children   California restaurant bans crying children EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 11:03 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Depends on the restaurant. If I take a girl to a nice restaurant I don't want to listen to a squalling child. If it's a Wendy's then no problem. Being a libertarian in most things I feel the owners of property may control that property as they see best. Americans can vote with their money if they disagree.

I agree with T with the clarification that owners of PRIVATE property may control that property as they see fit. Public property's a whole 'nother ball game. Also, if you'd ever been to Monterey, none of this news would surprise you.... filthy rich and not very nice.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: California restaurant bans crying children   California restaurant bans crying children EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 7:54 am

I agree with the crying baby situation....I don't want to deal with it. If the child behaves I don't have a problem with highchairs and booster seats.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: California restaurant bans crying children   California restaurant bans crying children EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 8:01 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Agree... the owners of the establishment should be allowed to determine their policies for service....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: California restaurant bans crying children   California restaurant bans crying children EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 9:47 am

I didn't know what the inside of a restaurant looked like until I was around 9 or 10. My parents were respectful of other diners... and, of course, they got away from the 5 kids, lol.

I have moved farther away in a restaurant when a particularly loud family is in an adjacent booth or table.

I totally agree with the restaurant's ban.

Along the same lines, it grates on my nerves when people bring in fussy babies & toddlers into the main sanctuary of a church, when there is a "cry room" provided. These cry rooms have piped-in audio so parents can hear, and huge glass walls that allow complete visual contact with the main sanctuary.

My hearing isn't what it used to be, and as I get older, I find I want to hear what is being said.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: California restaurant bans crying children   California restaurant bans crying children EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 10:40 am

I don't want crying babies or screaming children at restaurants where I'm eating either. I hate to agree with everyone else on this, but I do. A crying or screaming child should be removed from ANY public areas where they might disturb others. That's just good manners on the part of the parents.
And I am especially talking about Walmart. Many times I'll go to Publix to shop just because I don't want to hear the screaming at Walmart. I don't know why, but Publix is always nice and quiet and I don't have to dodge 6 year olds pushing carts around as a game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California restaurant bans crying children   California restaurant bans crying children EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 5:53 pm

We all agree on something  cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California restaurant bans crying children   California restaurant bans crying children EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 7:51 pm

*~Tree~* wrote:
We all agree on something  cheers 

Yeah, scary ain't it? Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: California restaurant bans crying children   California restaurant bans crying children Empty

Back to top Go down

California restaurant bans crying children
Page 1 of 1