Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
riceme

riceme

Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 10:30 pm

I'm sure you're right... like I said it was a pretty serious thing and I never got to see a doctor and I'm still kicking, so...

The mine site is remote enough and of course is very dangerous, so we have two private ambulances parked up at the mine in case of an accident. And of course we have EMTs and paramedics.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 11:17 pm

I would rather be panning for gold in Alaska any day but somebody has to be grandpa....
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 11:37 pm

lol, you're lucky, T. We don't pan for gold, but you knew that. We've dug a 1/2 mile deep & wide pit in the ground, and we have a heap leach. Then all the material goes to the crusher, then to the mill.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 11:47 pm

Yeah modern goldmining is rather aggressive to say the least..

Is this the place you are at ?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fort+Knox+Construction/@59.9608774,-151.7317647,186m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x56c6b754598a9e9b:0x404274ed4cf6fa26
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 12:32 am

Yeah, it is pretty aggressive, but less so than dredging.

No, we're not on the map, but basically it's way off the Steese Hwy NE of Fairbanks sort of near Chatanika.

http://www.kinross.com/operations/operation-fort-knox-alaska-usa.aspx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2