Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fist bumps or hand shakes?

Go down 
+3
riceme
Eric
stormwatch89
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Fist bumps or hand shakes?  Empty
PostSubject: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 7:41 pm

I have a problem with this fad. Everywhere I look I see articles saying fist bumps are so much more safe.

I don't care. I do not think its professional to fist bump. I am having a very hard time with this and if someone walks up to me fist bumping Im going to look at them like they are crazy.

Guess I'm a stick in the mud.

Wash your damn hands people. No need to look like thugs. Are people that damn lazy and scared, really.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 7:58 pm

As a "proper lady" wished by my Mom, it would also offend me , dear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 8:02 pm

Agreed

I'm a fist bump bigot I guess
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Smile

We can be funny,
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 8:49 pm

I guess if Ebola comes over here, we'll rethink the fistabumpus.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 8:56 pm

Eric wrote:
I guess if Ebola comes over here, we'll rethink the fistabumpus.

If ebola comes over here we can just all wear Michael Jackson gloves.

hee heeeeeeeee
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 11:11 pm

I am a dedicated hand-shaker and I always will be... just like saying "yessir and "no ma'am." And I hate it when people give me limp hand shakes. It gives me the willies.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 11:27 pm

Do they still spit in their hand before they shake in Alaska.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 11:49 pm

I would not much care if they did. Cooties don't scare me... I like to keep my levels up to ward-off the crud.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:50 am

riceme wrote:
I am a dedicated hand-shaker and I always will be... just like saying "yessir and "no ma'am." And I hate it when people give me limp hand shakes. It gives me the willies.

cheers 
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:23 am

Riceme, too funny! I'll shake hands w/o spit, but fist bumps seem ghettolike?

Yeah, I'm an old cootie phobe.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:34 am

I just feel strange doing a fist bump.

Kinda feel like an old man tryin' but not succeeding to be "cool".
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:35 am

stormwatch89 wrote:
Riceme,   too funny!  I'll shake hands w/o spit, but fist bumps seem ghettolike?

Yeah, I'm an old cootie phobe.

Agreed. I can see a time and place where it might be appropriate among friends for some people, but yeah... it would be totally ghetto for most of us to do that in everyday life.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:59 am

Eric wrote:
I just feel strange doing a fist bump.  

Kinda feel like an old man tryin' but not succeeding to be "cool".

How about chest bumps?????.....
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:25 am

I fist bump with my grandkids all the time...We even do the exploding fist bump.

Fist bumps or hand shakes?  18eh0jgv8g2btgif
Back to top Go down
Paix

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 4:02 pm

Never on fist bumps or high fives unless the receiver is under the age of five.

Since one theory of handshaking and saluting have their roots showing you aren't going to wield your sword, I've always seen it as masculine and actually like that assignation along with theories between guys on how a handshake is to be conducted.

So I never offer my hand unless it is offered first.

Source: Old school southern mother.

So, you guys, what are your rules?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 4:08 pm

I usually offer the hand first. It is such a simple thing, but I believe it makes a difference.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 4:21 pm

We always had to shake before a wrestling match so I would crush my opponents hand promising more to come. My quickest pin was 56 seconds. You can communicate a lot with a hand shake. A lady in Michigan asked me to help her husband prepare for an interview for a job. The very first thing the guy did was give me a limp hand shake. I told him that he was never going to get a job with a hand shake like that. I made him walk up and shake my hand until I was satisfied he had it down. He got the job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 5:39 pm

When I see the president of the united states fist bumping it burns my ass.

Its unprofessional.

One of the things I learned in leadership courses is you shake hands firmly, and greet while making eye contact.

Sure, fist bump on a casual level. But frankly fist bumps on a professional level is not acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fist bumps or hand shakes?    Fist bumps or hand shakes?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Fist bumps or hand shakes?
Page 1 of 1