Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Deleted "Old Events"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Deleted "Old Events" Empty
PostSubject: Deleted "Old Events"   Deleted "Old Events" EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Nobody has asked that any of them be saved, so why keep 'em until the system purges them automatically (by my setting)?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Deleted "Old Events"   Deleted "Old Events" EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 10:12 pm

What are you talking about, dude? Did I miss something?? Is there, like, another page of this thread that I can't see or something??

wtf  scratch 
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Deleted "Old Events"   Deleted "Old Events" EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:13 am

This thread title is Deleted "Old Events".  Essentially, when an "upcoming event" had passed, I was throwing them into the "old events" section at the very bottom of the forum.  Remember the avatar of an old man smiling at the bottom?  That was it.

The title included something like "to be deleted unless requested to be saved".  Nobody asked for any of them to be saved, so I just deleted that section, which acted like a trash can of sorts.  I had a setting where they would be automatically purged after 20 days or so anyway.

It saves me a few keystrokes to just delete the events that have already happened.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Deleted "Old Events"   Deleted "Old Events" EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 11:24 pm

Ohhhh...
Quote :
The title included something like "to be deleted unless requested to be saved". Nobody asked for any of them to be saved, so I just deleted that section, which acted like a trash can of sorts. I had a setting where they would be automatically purged after 20 days or so anyway.
^--- this was the part I was missing. I get it now. I was totally confuuuused.  cat 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deleted "Old Events"   Deleted "Old Events" Empty

Back to top Go down

Deleted "Old Events"
Page 1 of 1