Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UNDER THE DOME season 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wilburforce

wilburforce

UNDER THE DOME season 2 Empty
PostSubject: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 10:28 am

I don't know I think it's kind of dragging along this season. Not as sharp as season one was.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 11:41 am

That show looked interesting but I haven't seen any of it.

So, what caused the dome?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 10:42 pm

I'd never heard of it and had to look it up. It's based off of a Stephen King novel:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
wilburforce

wilburforce

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 7:36 pm

Eric wrote:

The townspeople still don't know for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 4:52 pm

wilburforce wrote:
Eric wrote:

The townspeople still don't know for sure.

Apparently those 4 people dug up something years before- Sam and the Dwight Yoakum character and a couple of others - and whatever it was had to do with pink stars and butterflies and the creation of the dome. Yes, I admit I do watch the silly thing. I started watching it because I liked Dean Norris from seeing him on Breaking Bad. The guy reminds me of a heavier version of Bruce Willis, but Norris can really act. He was my favorite character on Breaking Bad. I think they are working this season to turn him into a decent guy on Under the Dome. I wasn't much into this "otherworldly" stuff on Movies and TV until a couple of years ago but my grown kids corrupted me by telling me to watch things on Netflix and now I'm hooked. Whatever it is has to be well acted though, or I lose interest. Game of Thrones is still my favorite show on TV. Doesn't Dwight Yoakum look like death warmed over on UTD? I wonder how much of that is make up and how much is him. Haven't seen any pictures of him in awhile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 5:02 pm

I just looked on Dwight Yoakum's website and can't find a single picture of him without his hat. I find that very interesting, considering how he looks on Under the Dome. I'd keep my hat on 24-7 if I were him. He is extremely creepy without it.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 8:08 pm

I have never seen Under the Dome, but I've seen what's on Dwight Yoakam's dome and I agree with you, I'd keep my hat on too if I were him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 8:43 pm

riceme wrote:
I have never seen Under the Dome, but I've seen what's on Dwight Yoakam's dome and I agree with you, I'd keep my hat on too if I were him.
LOL, he must really try to hide it because I had a hard time finding anything on his website where he wasn't wearing his hat.
He plays an extremely creepy character on Under the Dome and he does it very well.
He's a pretty good actor. I think I remember him being in Slingblade and he was very good in that as well.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 9:46 pm

Yeah, he is not an attractive man, lol, but he sure plays good music. I was just going to mention how good he was in Slingblade. What a great movie.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 11:42 am

After watching the first season of "Under the Dome", I downloaded the book to my Kindle. The TV series is NOTHING like the book! I stopped watching the TV series for that reason.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 6:37 pm

Melissa wrote:
After watching the first season of "Under the Dome", I downloaded the book to my Kindle. The TV series is NOTHING like the book! I stopped watching the TV series for that reason.

LOL I'd have to quit watching Game of Thrones if I stopped watching things because they weren't like the book. I'm still reading Game of Thrones and it can be confusing remembering things that happened on the series but didn't happen in the book or vice-versa.
Sometimes I think I'll just quit reading the book, because it seems to be a never-ending occupation. I've never even tried to read anything this long before. I hate fat books.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 6:39 pm

riceme wrote:
Yeah, he is not an attractive man, lol, but he sure plays good music. I was just going to mention how good he was in Slingblade. What a great movie.

I used to not like his music but then I used to not like Merle Haggard either. As I've gotten older I've grown to love that "Bakersfield" sound, whiny though it might be.
I remember making fun of my uncle when I was a teenager about loving whiny country music. I guess it takes a little age to appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 7:46 pm

I've never seen Game of Thrones either, but I intend to read the books. Don't want to ruin the experience by watching it, lol.

I've always loved both Merle Haggard and Dwight Yoakam, but then I was born in Bakersfield and my dad is an Oildale (Bakersfield) Oakie, so go figure, haha. Way back in the day before he was famous, Merle Haggard used to be my dad's neighbor.

I saw Merle Haggard, Buck Owens and Dwight Yoakam play together at the Crystal Palace (Buck Owens' place) in Bakersfield once. It was pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 9:02 pm

Otter wrote:
Melissa wrote:

LOL I'd have to quit watching Game of Thrones if I stopped watching things because they weren't like the book. I'm still reading Game of Thrones and it can be confusing remembering things that happened on the series but didn't happen in the book or vice-versa.
Sometimes I think I'll just quit reading the book, because it seems to be a never-ending occupation. I've never even tried to read anything this long before. I hate fat books.

And I love fat books! :-)

I don't know if "Under the Dome" was a fat book or not, since it was on my Kindle. Took me a while to finish it, though. Again, it so vastly difference from the TV series that I'm surprised Stephen King allowed the producers to name the series after it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 10:18 pm

Melissa wrote:
Otter wrote:
Melissa wrote:

And I love fat books! :-)

I don't know if "Under the Dome" was a fat book or not, since it was on my Kindle. Took me a while to finish it, though. Again, it so vastly difference from the TV series that I'm surprised Stephen King allowed the producers to name the series after it.

I'm a fat book lover too, Melissa! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 2:39 pm

I haven't ever seen Dwight Yoakum but I've seen Merle Haggard at least 3 or 4 times and always loved it. He has a song called Chill Factor that I love more than any of his other ones, and his voice used to make my skin tingle when I heard him singing it. He really isn't given credit for how great his voice is enough- he can also do impressions of other singers that are great too.

Nope, can't stand those fatties. I suspect that if I saw Game of Thrones in an actual book form I wouldn't ever start reading it, but since I'm reading it on my iphone I can live with the delusion that it is going to end one day. None of my favorite books are fatties- my 3 favorite books of all time are To Kill a Mockingbird, Angela's Ashes, and Cold Mountain. All those were only a few hundred pages, and I actually read Angela's Ashes in one sitting. That's something I've never done with any other book in my life.

Saw Under the Dome last night- it's just getting weirder and weirder. Now there's not only a dome but a never ending hole in the ground. They're going to try and see what's at the bottom of the hole next week.
Oh, the suspense. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
wilburforce

wilburforce

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 2:51 pm

King himself did the first episode of season 2 and it was great, he even appeared in it. Since then it's been pretty much down hill. Yokum is good but how many pop up guest can show up in a small town where nobody is allowed in or out? It's starting to remind me of LOST that went places that could never logically be explained. Maybe even the new GILLIGAN'S ISLAND.
Back to top Go down
wilburforce

wilburforce

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 11:53 am

It's hobbling along to the second season conclusion. If they don't wrap it up next season they should change the title to Blunder The Dome.
Back to top Go down
wilburforce

wilburforce

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 11:59 pm

The ending on Monday wasn't bad but I still think they should wrap it up next season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UNDER THE DOME season 2   UNDER THE DOME season 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

UNDER THE DOME season 2
Page 1 of 1