Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Wonderous Volcano

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

The Wonderous Volcano Empty
PostSubject: The Wonderous Volcano   The Wonderous Volcano EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 6:48 pm

The U.S. Geological Survey defines a volcano as a vent in Earth's surface, either on land or on the seafloor, from which molten rock called magma, as well as ash and gases, can erupt or ooze. Different types of volcanoes erupt in different ways, with some erupting spectacularly and other, most notably Hawaii's shield volcanoes, steadily oozing lava. There are different types of volcanoes, including stratovolcanoes, shield volcanoes and cinder cones, and different types of lava and other volcanic flows. Volcanoes can be active, dormant or extinct. Most of Earth's volcanoes are located along the Pacific Ring of Fire, where many of Earth's tectonic plates subduct beneath another plate. Volcanic eruptions can cause avalanches of debris, and the ash and gases they spew into the air can cause the atmosphere to cool. Currently volcanic eruptions cannot be predicted, though most important volcanoes are routinely monitored and authorizes warn when they think an eruption is likely. Read below for the latest news on volcano monitoring and research, current volcanic eruptions and to see amazing pictures of volcanoes.

http://www.livescience.com/topics/volcanoes/

Amazing volcano lightening

The Wonderous Volcano Volcan10

Watch live volcanos

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/VAAC/cams.html

and monitor volcano around the world

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/

The amazing world of volcanos. They have shaped our world. More than 80% of the earths surface has come from volcanos.

Please share any info you have about volcanos here.  Cool 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wonderous Volcano   The Wonderous Volcano EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:36 pm

Icelandic volcano could trigger Britain's coldest winter EVER this year

BRITAIN could freeze in YEARS of super-cold winters and miserable summers if the Bardarbunga volcano erupts, experts have warned

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/502349/Iceland-ash-cloud-could-trigger-freezing-cold-winter-this-year-if-it-erupts

The Wonderous Volcano Ice-cold-weather-502349

Depending on the force of the explosion, minute particles thrust beyond the earth’s atmosphere can trigger DECADES of chaotic weather patterns

lets talk about volcanos

especially icelands volcano that is about and or is blowing as we speak.

Lets mix some history in, and also toss a little bit of oh yeah, they are fracking this area for geo thermal energy
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: The Wonderous Volcano   The Wonderous Volcano EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Britain is on the same latitude as Alaska and Canada. I am surprised that the Gulf Stream warms it up so much.

I wouldn't be surprised if it has the potential to get REALLY cold.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: The Wonderous Volcano   The Wonderous Volcano EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Eric wrote:
Britain is on the same latitude as Alaska and Canada.  I am surprised that the Gulf Stream warms it up so much.

I wouldn't be surprised if it has the potential to get REALLY cold.

I think for a lot of people, not you btw, it would surprise them to know there are volcanos under glaciers

and they have always been there

I seen the weather my son went through last year in Wisconsin and seriously, if its much worse than that this year as they predict ( which I don't trust fully on btw) then its going to really be the Antarctica, which is what I called it last year up there.

If that volcano goes off big, between the sulfur and increased water vapor it really could be devastating
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: The Wonderous Volcano   The Wonderous Volcano EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 1:59 pm

That's cool... I could do without the Brits.  Razz 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wonderous Volcano   The Wonderous Volcano EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 2:36 pm

riceme wrote:
That's cool... I could do without the Brits.  Razz 

LOL

oh riceme.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: The Wonderous Volcano   The Wonderous Volcano EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 2:39 pm

It's amazing just how precarious our existence is on earth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wonderous Volcano   The Wonderous Volcano EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 3:41 pm

Volcanos are the most dangerous and sexiest thing on earth IMHO

Built up tension, hot lava smoldering and rising below, waiting to thrust itself deep into the atmosphere.

Mother natures natural tension.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: The Wonderous Volcano   The Wonderous Volcano EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 4:58 pm

LOL Chrissy :-)))
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: The Wonderous Volcano   The Wonderous Volcano EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 6:36 pm

I was wondering if she was talking about volcanoes???
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: The Wonderous Volcano   The Wonderous Volcano EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 7:13 pm

That's R rated science... lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wonderous Volcano   The Wonderous Volcano EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 7:02 am

Firey hot lava, gushing upward out of mother earths crevices

Yes volcanos are HOT

Lol
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: The Wonderous Volcano   The Wonderous Volcano EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 11:56 am

Eruption of Mount Tavurvur caught on tape
The Wonderous Volcano TdS9ZH0

Love the shock wave!!!

EDIT:  Another person said:  Tavurvur erupted on 9/29/14 is located on New Britain, Papua New Guinea. It is a subvent of the Rabaul caldera.

Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: The Wonderous Volcano   The Wonderous Volcano EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 1:25 pm

Fantastic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wonderous Volcano   The Wonderous Volcano EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 1:41 pm

So SEXY!

All that pent up energy waiting to be released spurting out like that... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: The Wonderous Volcano   The Wonderous Volcano EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 2:25 pm

Chrissy* wrote:
So SEXY!

All that pent up energy waiting to be released spurting out like that... Embarassed

Would you like a cigarette?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wonderous Volcano   The Wonderous Volcano Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wonderous Volcano
Page 1 of 1