Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.

Go down 
+2
BobW
Eric
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. Empty
PostSubject: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 12:40 pm

Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. Watermat-products-1

We bought these to walk across the water from our big boat to the beach when we camped out by Fort McRee. They are sitting rolled up in the garage. We paid about $400 for each. Six feet wide and 20' long, we also tied it up behind the boat where we anchored and it became a dock of sorts for kayaks and little sailboats to pull up to.

These would be perfect for someone who lives on the water and has kids. These are a lot of fun. Everybody liked them.

The drawback to 'em? The indoor-outdoor carpet on the top soaks up a bit of water and they get way too heavy for one person to pick up. If you live on the water, just roll it up onto the beach until you use it again.

One of them has about two square feet chopped out of it at one end where my boat's propeller chewed on it. (You aren't supposed to motor with one of these attached and I now know why, lol) That part could be cut off if the notch bothers anybody. I say that a shark took a bite out of it...
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
BobW

BobW

Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 1:14 pm

me me me lol
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 1:47 pm

You have to come get 'em. I don't deliver.

Drive your truck over next time and get 'em.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:16 pm

Thanks, I'll sure do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 6:26 pm

cool Cool 
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 7:39 pm

Kids have a ball on these things.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 8:47 pm

i got a double chin and a beer belly if anyone wants them.......I just woke up a few months ago and there they were....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 9:31 pm

No thanks, Teo.

I'm tryin' to quit, lol.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 10:21 pm

Wow, those are neat! I have never seen one before. I can't wait to see Bob on one.

Thanks for your generosity, Teo.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 5:38 am

I have a terrible affliction called the hoarding syndrome.
I jump at the chance to get anything when it's free. That's why I spoke up for the water mats.
But I've finally come to my senses and now realize I have no more storage space to do any more hoarding and especially have no room to store anything as big as the water mats. I would have to put them in the yard and that of course is not where the water mats need to be.
So they need to go to someone else who has the capacity to store them.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 8:06 am

If you can't find anyone to want them all you have to do is put an ad on Craigslist in the free stuff category and they'll be gone before you can finish typing the ad.  Well almost that long anyway.
Or then again you could put a small price on them and try that too.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 8:21 am

Wanting more than you need is a mental illness...most of us are crazy.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 9:28 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wanting more than you need is a mental illness...most of us are crazy.

Hey!!!

You can't have too many toys.

Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. MBn5i5N
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 9:57 am

Eric wrote:

You can't have too many toys.

Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. MBn5i5N

I hope that's situated on a waterway that never rises because the floor of the house is only a foot above the water level. lol
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 9:59 am

Actually I didn't look good enough.  Looks like the living area is on the 2nd level so it would be okay.  BUT, if the water was to rise, that boat is toast because the water would crush it against the ceiling/deck floor.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 10:01 am

Maybe the boathouse sits on a floating dock.

Edit:  I doubt it... the roof line fascia matches too well with the house behind it.  

It is probably on a river that has a dam with a spillway nearby.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 10:07 am

Anybody who can afford his own helicopter can probably afford to fix any flood damage anyway.
And there's no doubt how cool it is to have the boat and jet skis (and the chopper) only a few feet from the living space like that.

Ever since I was a kid and living near Bayou Texar I have always seen that one unique house down there near Bayview Park. It has a boat garage in the bottom of it. You drive the boat into the garage and the house is upstairs. Pretty damn cool.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 10:11 am

When I was a little tyke I had a few toys which I often left out in the house. One day my dad took them all and threw them in a burn barrel. Initially I was hurt but then I realized I was free.  There would be no more threats if I didn't put my toys away. I wouldn't waste time I might be outside seeing the wonders of nature stacking some Lincoln logs or blocks or looking for a battery for my fire truck or metal sparking jet plane that actually made a jet sound and rolled across the floor.  Neat as it was the return on investment wasn't worth the time invested.  Finding spring peepers frozen in a block of ice thawing them out and watching them shake it off and hop away was time better spent.  

Everything you have owns you ....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 10:43 am

When I lived on Innerarity Island, I could walk out the house on the second level, down to the dock and out the dock to the pier, never having to leave the boardwalk.  I would push two buttons on the lift and it would gently set the 24' cabin cruiser down into the water. That lift made it great. I didn't have to paint the bottom of the boat and it was close by in case I wanted to go skiing with the boys or camping at McRee.

I miss certain parts of living on the water, but I hated it when we had to leave when hurricanes came.  Water was normally 100' from the house but the land was kinda low behind the house and water would come up to the house foundation for every hurricane that came through the area.

We were sailors as well, and one time we had 5 sailboats behind the house at the beach or in the water.  We had a junky 23' Coronado, a really nice Boston Whaler monohull, a really nice Boston Whaler Supercat, and two junky Snarks (like sunfish) that the boys sailed.  Life was good then.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 11:03 am

I had a bunch of boats when I lived on the bay. I finally found the perfect boat. I had a new boat and it sucked because I was always worried someone would chip the gel coat with their weight belt. I sold the new boat and realized that the old Thompson 24 was the best boat because it could take 8 ft seas and get me home yet never begged to be washed and waxed. I now drive an old pick up truck for the same reason. The other day a guy opened his truck door not realizing I pulled in right next to him . He hit my old truck hard with his door . He looked at me apologetically waiting for my response. I just chuckle and walked into tastee freeze.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 11:16 am

I hear ya Teo... I have an old ford truck... it's one of my favorite things in the world.

I do still have alot of boats tho... but they're for different things. Pontoon, speedboat, flatback canoe, john boat, peddle boat, sail boat, kayaks... hmmm, I think that's all. As you can tell... I need each one.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 11:48 am

Yes Pkr it's the freedom of not caring after all who am I trying to impress ?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 1:50 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Yes Pkr it's the freedom of not caring after all who am I trying to impress ?

I know what you mean about the old vehicle. My Honda Civic has 177K miles and I have been hit in the rear twice, once hard enough to push me into the car ahead, and the plastic body panels sprung back into place for the most part. I bumped a curb and dented in the front air dam and I have rivets, screws and mend plates here and there.

I don't care if a door bumps it either. Mechanically, the car still runs like a top, probably because I have always run Mobil 1 in it. Seventy dollar oil changes bite deep, but it does give some peace of mind. Still on the same clutch and I have pulled a trailer probably 15k miles. It just keeps going and I will drive it until it falls apart or starts stinking out the tailpipe.

My sailboat is over 30 years old, but I do take care of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 6:36 pm

I like boats of any kind myself. I gave mine away when i moved here.

I would have gotten one if those mats had I still lived there. The kids in navy point would have loved it. They all used to hang out with us on my boat back then and have a blast jumping in and out onto floats

Good times
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 4:38 pm

I put 'em on Craigslist at 1:15 and they're gone (4:36). A guy in a pickup came by and he had a young boy about 8 with him. He lives on the water and they have a lot of "sawgrass", probably without a beach.

It was good to see folks get them that will enjoy them. I told the boy that he and his friends will have a lot of fun on 'em.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.   Hey.  Does anybody want a WaterMat?  I have two of 'em to get rid of - free. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey. Does anybody want a WaterMat? I have two of 'em to get rid of - free.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next