Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’ Empty
PostSubject: Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’   Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’ EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 6:42 am

Leftist comedian Bill Maher seemed to go off-script during a broadcast of his show Friday night when argued that liberals are “useless Obama hacks without a shred of intellectual honesty.”

Mr. Maher brought up the National Security Agency on his HBO show “Real Time with Bill Maher,” cited a Washington Post report that concluded nine out of 10 people spied on by the federal agency were ordinary citizens.

“Many files, [the study] says, described as useless by the analysts had a startlingly intimate, even voyeuristic quality,” Mr. Maher said. “Stories of love and heartbreak, illicit sexual liaisons, mental health crises and disappointed hopes.

“This is exactly what they said they weren’t going to do,” he said. “Just, you know, be nosy and look into the lives of private people. … And I just want to say, if this were happening under Bush, liberals would be apoplectic. I’m sorry, but liberals are just sometimes useless Obama hacks without a shred of intellectual honesty.”

Democratic Rep. Donna Edwards jumped in and argued that she was indeed apoplectic over the surveillance, and that a liberal advocate was needed on the court that oversees NSA surveillance.

Liberal author Ron Suskind argued that government spying has greatly increased since President Obama took office and that Edward Snowden “had provided the goods to make the case that is real.”

“The question now is what are we going to do about it?” he asked, receiving applause.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/15/bill-maher-calls-liberals-useless-obama-hacks-with/

Isnt Bill Mayer a liberal?
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’   Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’ EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 8:31 am

Bill Mayer is a flaming liberal but anyone who is capable of looking at things objectively (regardless of political slant) can only conclude the Oblamers administration has enabled more government intrusion and federal agency overreach than any other administration. Of course Oblamer won't accept responsibility for any of this mess since he is so out of touch with reality he gets his morning brief from MSNBC.

Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’ Obama-is-a-nightmare
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’   Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’ EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 9:59 am

nochain wrote:
Bill Mayer is a flaming liberal but anyone who is capable of looking at things objectively (regardless of political slant) can only conclude the Oblamers administration has enabled more government intrusion and federal agency overreach than any other administration. Of course Oblamer won't accept responsibility for any of this mess since he is so out of touch with reality he gets his morning brief from MSNBC.

Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’ Obama-is-a-nightmare

So he's calling out himself?...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’   Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’ EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 10:20 am

Quote :
I just want to say, if this were happening under Bush, liberals would be apoplectic.

C'mon, now.  This stuff happened under previous administrations and Maher is naive if he really believed what he said.  It has been going on under Republicans and Democrats alike... duh!

I think I understand why the NSA, the FBI and others are watching what is going on to the fullest extent possible.  I don't agree with everything they're doing, but they're doing it for the greater good of our nation.  The bad guys aren't going to knock on the LEO's door and announce their activities.  Those activities are spotted by looking at the crowd and finding those perps that stand out.

Hopefully, Snowden's revelations and others' fact-finding efforts will help keep us informed and through the democratic process, allow lawmakers to keep a rein on these agencies. It ain't gonna be perfect and abuses will occur but in the long run, I hope common sense will prevail.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’   Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’ EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 10:52 am

He used the word "sometimes" in his statement but I notice that wasn't posted as part of the headline.
It is nice to see someone from the right quoting Bill Maher though.

I really didn't know you folks cared so much. Razz 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’   Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’ EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 6:07 pm

Otter wrote:
He used the word "sometimes" in his statement but I notice that wasn't posted as part of the headline.
It is nice to see someone from the right quoting Bill Maher though.

I really didn't know you folks cared so much. Razz 

I used the headline given.

I'm glad you like that I care about what he says. Because what I care about is that some people eventually start seeing the light.

Even if its just a little light.

Do you disagree that surveillance has increased under Obama?
Back to top Go down
wilburforce

wilburforce

PostSubject: Re: Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’   Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’ EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:21 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7JADq4tTsc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’   Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’ Empty

Back to top Go down

Bill Maher calls liberals ‘useless Obama hacks without shred of intellectual honesty’
Page 1 of 1