Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment

Go down 
+5
riceme
Joanimaroni
TEOTWAWKI
hallmarkgrad
SheSurfs
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment Empty
PostSubject: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 11:18 am

11:13 AM…the traffic heading to Pensacola Beach for the air show is backed up before the Cervantes exit on I-110 S and the PNJ is reporting that the parking lots are full. All over the rest of the island are No Parking signs every two feet. Love the brain surgeons of tourism, SRIA and media that invite the entire planet onto the island with no plans with what to do with them once they get there….or are trying to get there…..

tongue
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 12:12 pm

Just damn sure crazy!!!! Navy Point boat ramp area has boat trailers parked all over hell. LOL I guess people like it..............
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Save Me a Spot   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 12:14 pm

This was taken around eleven:

Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment BsWauQVCEAAABjK_zps7d2e80f6
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 12:22 pm

Here's where the boats are that go with those trailers, HG. This one was taken around eleven too...

Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment 10527848_10204224414871329_3746825861237983043_n_zps61131587
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 12:28 pm

LOL Damn!!! Thanks for showing me where not to be.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 12:29 pm

I saw enough fancy flying in Vietnam to last me a lifetime...you would be amazed at how great pilots can fly when there is a SAM on their tails...
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 12:32 pm

Some of my kids are there now.....literally you can step from boat to boat in Little Sabin. Nothing beats the cheering and applause of thousands as the Blues fly over.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 10:17 pm

Saweet Baby Jebus! I never went out to the beach or on the water to watch the blues, for Independence Day,... for any of that. I don't like being around large groups of people, and I'm pretty sure I would stroke-out in that sort of a scene.

I'm with SheSurfs... I'd rather watch from The Can.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 10:54 pm

As a boater, the end of the show is the start of a massive migration.  Boats zipping every which-a-way, waves whipped up like it is the inside of a washing machine, and few of the boaters are sane and sober.

In past years, we would sit at anchor and grill out while the herd has thinned considerably. We didn't go this year.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 8:29 am

I usually stayed in the camper after the Daytona 500 when I used to go, (78-90).. It was 30,000 campers and 150,000 cars all trying to leave at once..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 9:10 am

Jake92 wrote:
I usually stayed in the camper after the Daytona 500 when I used to go, (78-90)..  It was 30,000 campers and 150,000 cars all trying to leave at once..  

After the only Talladega race we went to, we set up a huge picnic table and had a feast for a couple of hours. When we left, there was still some traffic, but it was tolerable.

For the November Blues shows, we would pack a nice picnic and have a good meal in the parking lot while watching cars creep and stop, creep and stop.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 9:19 am

I decided to go anyway. I am the third one from the left.  

From the PNJ:

Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment 1405203163028-Blues-Saturday-39_zps7c3f90e1
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 9:30 am

Oh yes....I see you.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 10:08 am

SheSurfs wrote:
I decided to go anyway. I am the third one from the left.  

From the PNJ:

Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment 1405203163028-Blues-Saturday-39_zps7c3f90e1

Where's Waldo?

Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment Waldo-image_approved-133x300
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 10:37 am

I have to say, that is a LOT of people in a small area.

I could not do that. too many people for me.

Love the blues though. Used to watch them in the boat on the bayou Grande

Always gave me a 'thrill' as they flew so low you could see their faces and the thunder sound shook you to the bones...

Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 11:08 am

No way I would have gone to the beach for this show! I can't stand crowds, and neither can my husband. Uh-uh!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 6:08 pm

I'm very happy to have missed it too. A couple of my kids borrowed our boat and went out and said there was barely even a spot to anchor it anywhere. When they were leaving after the show someone yelled at them because the anchor lines got tangled. There was evidently a lot of drinking going on in the boats during the show.
It was not a safe place to be boating yesterday.
Too many drunks on the water and way too many boats.

And it ain't like I've never seen the blues perform.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 6:39 pm

There is a cove of sorts just West of the Sabine area.  We used to park there.  A few other boats were there, but nobody was too close to us.  Boats were spaced a couple of hundred feet apart there.

Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment Oversa10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Eric wrote:
There is a cove of sorts just West of the Sabine area.  We used to park there.  A few other boats were there, but nobody was too close to us.  Boats were spaced a couple of hundred feet apart there.

Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment Oversa10

You are really lucky to know of such a quiet place to anchor. My kids said they anchored in Little Sabine and it was horrible. I think it might not have been as bad if they'd stayed out in the Sound itself, but I wasn't there so I really don't know.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 7:27 pm

That's Sabine Island on the left.  The water tanks are near the toll booths, Little Sabine is closer to the camera but hidden by Sabine Island and the road leading up to it, and this viewing area in the foreground is just West of Sabine Island.

Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment Map110
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 7:39 pm

Got some good shots.

Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment Blues110

Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment Format10

Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment Becky710
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 7:49 pm

That looks like a smart place to drop anchor.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 11:51 am

A woman from work took her two kids, she said it took five hours to get to the beach and just as long to get home. The trollies are no good because they have to fight the same traffic as cars. I just go to the practice shows when the grandson is in town. Hit the museum after and have a sandwich in the Cubi Grill. Nice and easy.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 12:31 pm

Almost the same time, I was swimming here:

Smile

Mo bettah!

Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment -_Johnson_Beach_Ramp_in_My-20000000005853357-500x375_zpsfe899df6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment   Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment Empty

Back to top Go down

Air Show…Might Want to Watch from Cantonment
Page 1 of 1