Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This is why it's scary to live in Alabama!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
koolkat

This is why it's scary to live in Alabama! Empty
PostSubject: This is why it's scary to live in Alabama!   This is why it's scary to live in Alabama! EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 2:16 pm

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/alabamas-chief-justice-says-christians-freedom-religion-video/
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: This is why it's scary to live in Alabama!   This is why it's scary to live in Alabama! EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 11:32 am

My primary residence is in Alabama.  But I don't claim it.  Pensacola is where my heart is... and the rest of me is there at this time.  Unfortunately, Christine works in Birmingham and we must go back. Crying or Very sad

Because of his refusal to remove his Ten Commandments display in Montgomery, Roy Moore was removed as Chief Justice in 2003.  He was reelected in 2012... go figure.  Apparently, he is a goofball.

Oh, since criticism rose from that speech, he has backtracked on what he said. He now says freedom to practice religion refers to all faiths and that he was only trying to state that our founding fathers were Christian.... yeah, right. Suck it up Roy.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: This is why it's scary to live in Alabama!   This is why it's scary to live in Alabama! EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 12:34 pm

He really is. I know there are good people in Alabama but it is scary to think this guy is the Chief Justice. This is the kind of stuff that gives southern states a bad rep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is why it's scary to live in Alabama!   This is why it's scary to live in Alabama! EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 8:53 pm

koolkat wrote:
He really is. I know there are good people in Alabama but it is scary to think this guy is the Chief Justice. This is the kind of stuff that gives southern states a bad rep.

Us Southern states wouldn't get such a bad rap except that we keep electing people like Roy Moore to office. I used to resent the picture that the rest of the country has of the South but as I've grown older I can't truly deny that we are often exactly what they think we are. I'm not talking about everybody, but the majority of people in Alabama think judge Moore is just a good Christian man who has stood up for what they believe in.

Not to use too many platitudes, but we have to BE the change before the opinions of other people about us is ever going to change. There's not much understanding down here of what any religions other than Christian really think.
I don't see a lot of people around me that much care to understand the differences either.
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: This is why it's scary to live in Alabama!   This is why it's scary to live in Alabama! EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 10:30 pm

I think you're exactly right,Otter. The rest of the country does have that perception of people in the south and they think they're bigots and racists and ignorant. Which compared to the rest of the country...they are. There is no tolerance of other religions or beliefs or races even. Very sad.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: This is why it's scary to live in Alabama!   This is why it's scary to live in Alabama! EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:09 am

Last night, my wife said she would be glad when we move back to Pensacola. She said that I am talking like a hick.

Up here in B'ham, there is a tendency to drawl the words. Jim, for instance, becomes Gee-yum.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: This is why it's scary to live in Alabama!   This is why it's scary to live in Alabama! EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:14 am

Eric wrote:
Last night, my wife said she would be glad when we move back to Pensacola.  She said that I am talking like a hick.

Up here in B'ham, there is a tendency to drawl the words.  Jim, for instance, becomes Gee-yum.  

I have news for you, Eric... a lot of folks in PNS speak with a drawl.  affraid

How close is Christine to retirement?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: This is why it's scary to live in Alabama!   This is why it's scary to live in Alabama! EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:29 am

riceme wrote:
Eric wrote:
Last night, my wife said she would be glad when we move back to Pensacola.  She said that I am talking like a hick.

Up here in B'ham, there is a tendency to drawl the words.  Jim, for instance, becomes Gee-yum.  

I have news for you, Eric... a lot of folks in PNS speak with a drawl.  affraid

How close is Christine to retirement?

I will send you a PM, Ricey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is why it's scary to live in Alabama!   This is why it's scary to live in Alabama! Empty

Back to top Go down

This is why it's scary to live in Alabama!
Page 1 of 1