Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thank you Obamacare!!!!!

Go down 
+2
nochain
Eric
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Thank you Obamacare!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Obamacare!!!!!   Thank you Obamacare!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 4:35 am

Jake92 wrote:
I'll support the ACA 100% when the politicians and others exempted by the law are under the same exact plan as the average homeless LEGAL CITIZEN on the street...

CORRECT! Those poor 'underpaid' members of Congress!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Obamacare!!!!!   Thank you Obamacare!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 9:13 am

I am weary from arguing for single payer for so many years. However, when I hear someone say they support single payer (Medicare for all), my ears perk up and my ol' heart gets to racing.

NoChain, I was surprised as heck when I saw you support Medicare for all. I am glad to hear it. And Otter, I completely agree with you, so there's no sense in my expounding any more on this topic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Obamacare!!!!!   Thank you Obamacare!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 9:18 am

Melissa wrote:
I am weary from arguing for single payer for so many years. However, when I hear someone say they support single payer (Medicare for all), my ears perk up and my ol' heart gets to racing.

NoChain, I was surprised as heck when I saw you support Medicare for all. I am glad to hear it. And Otter, I completely agree with you, so there's no sense in my expounding any more on this topic.

Disagree....when the employer mandates and other items delayed kick in there will be more discussion on this matter because the price will once again rise.  Not simply my opinion but the CBO has indicated this in their reports
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Obamacare!!!!!   Thank you Obamacare!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 7:09 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
Melissa wrote:

Disagree....when the employer mandates and other items delayed kick in there will be more discussion on this matter because the price will once again rise.  Not simply my opinion but the CBO has indicated this in their reports

Well, the employer mandates should have never been delayed. I actually agree with the Republicans on that issue. I don't think Obama had the proper authority to do that.

I'd like to have seen all of it come in at once so we could more accurately gauge the effect on medical care and the economy. I think the ACA will be a very positive law in the long run, and I expect it to last for at least another 2 1/2 years of the Obama administration and at least 4 more years under Hillary. The Republican won't overthrow it so long as we have a democratic POTUS.
With enough time, the sheer numbers of enrollees will assure that nobody will be able to overthrow it, and maybe then the two parties will get together and try to fix the glitches that may remain in the act. I know that's naive, but I think it's a possibility.

I heard on the radio today that the final totals may be up to 9 million by April 15.
That's private enrollees, not including the millions more that will sign up on their employer's plans.

Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Obamacare!!!!!   Thank you Obamacare!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 3:43 pm

Thank you Obamacare!!!!! - Page 2 CBOUIprojectionscorrected
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Obamacare!!!!!   Thank you Obamacare!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Any reduction in uninsured Americans is better than no reduction at all.

Predictions may have been more optimistic, but anything is still better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Obamacare!!!!!   Thank you Obamacare!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 5:27 am

Otter wrote:

Predictions may have been more optimistic, but anything is still better than nothing.

At what cost?
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Obamacare!!!!!   Thank you Obamacare!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 1:14 pm

nochain wrote:
Otter wrote:

At what cost?

No one inside this administration seems to be able to answer this and other questions. They are doing a victory lap but is it really a victory?
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Obamacare!!!!!   Thank you Obamacare!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 1:17 pm

Otter wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Melissa wrote:

Well,  the employer mandates should have never been delayed. I actually agree with the Republicans on that issue. I don't think Obama had the proper authority to do that.

I'd like to have seen all of it come in at once so we could more accurately gauge  the effect on medical care and the economy. I think the ACA will be a very positive law in the long run, and I expect it to last for at least another 2 1/2 years of the Obama administration and at least 4 more years under Hillary. The Republican won't overthrow it so long as we have a democratic POTUS.
With enough time, the sheer numbers of enrollees will assure that  nobody will be able to overthrow it, and maybe then the two parties will get together and try to fix the glitches that may remain in the act.  I know that's naive, but I think it's a possibility.

I heard on the radio today that the final totals may be up to 9 million by April 15.
That's private enrollees, not including the millions more that will sign up on their employer's plans.

Or the exemptions for Congress...their staffs...certain businesses and corporations and for some unions. When congressional members argued that this would be too expensive for their staffs and would hurt them in finding/keeping staff members...well it would seem if it's not good for them why is it better for anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Obamacare!!!!!   Thank you Obamacare!!!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thank you Obamacare!!!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2