Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bacon smell alarm clock for I-Phone

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BobW

BobW

Bacon smell alarm clock for I-Phone Empty
PostSubject: Bacon smell alarm clock for I-Phone   Bacon smell alarm clock for I-Phone EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 6:27 am

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-bacon-alarm-oscar-mayer-iphone-20140306,0,997956.story#axzz2vJWAI5kA
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Bacon smell alarm clock for I-Phone   Bacon smell alarm clock for I-Phone EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 10:54 am

BobW wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-bacon-alarm-oscar-mayer-iphone-20140306,0,997956.story#axzz2vJWAI5kA

scratch 

Although you won't find me turning down any bacon, I'm more of a sausage fan myself, but... I would very much like to know how they did this. I'm reading Heinlein right now and it seems like something out of his books, lol.

pig 
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Bacon smell alarm clock for I-Phone   Bacon smell alarm clock for I-Phone EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 4:03 pm

Christine has that service already.  It is me, dragging my ass out of bed and cooking breakfast.

Today, she was awakened with the smell of little sizzlers, hash browns with tiny chunks of onion, fresh coffee, and eggs fried in butter.

It is a luxury she only gets on a weekend, folks.  

I get to eat that stuff too, and I like to cook.  Making a 10-lb pork shoulder on the grill right now... yum!

Sams sells hash browns that I guess are freeze dried.  You put a handful in a bowl of warm water and in 15 minutes, drain off excess water, then brown 'em in a little butter.  They look and taste just like the ones at Waffle House... only thing is... I turn em a lot and don't just brown one side of a pile of them.  The ones at the "Awful Waffle" are browned on one side of the pile and uncooked everywhere else.  They flip the pile onto your plate and you get the idea that they are ALL browned because the brown side is now UP.  If you overcook them, they wind up tasting like those thin potato sticks we used to get... too crunchy for breakfast, y'know.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Bacon smell alarm clock for I-Phone   Bacon smell alarm clock for I-Phone EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 3:29 pm

Oh Great.

Just what I wanted.

Something that will disappoint me first thing in the morning.

I am assuming that once you are fully awake, you realize there is NOT any bacon waiting for you in the kitchen.

Right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bacon smell alarm clock for I-Phone   Bacon smell alarm clock for I-Phone Empty

Back to top Go down

Bacon smell alarm clock for I-Phone
Page 1 of 1