Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The amazing Corvid

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BobW

BobW

The amazing Corvid Empty
PostSubject: The amazing Corvid   The amazing Corvid EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 6:08 am

First watch this video.

then read this web page.

http://io9.com/5969515/corvids-the-birds-who-think-like-humans
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

The amazing Corvid Empty
PostSubject: Re: The amazing Corvid   The amazing Corvid EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 7:53 am

I feed the birds wild bird feed on my balcony rail and in a feeder. A mated pair of cardinals come by often as well as dove. Lots of smaller birds come too.

You can tell when a predator is around. Seeds just sit on the rail and no birds visit.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

The amazing Corvid Empty
PostSubject: Re: The amazing Corvid   The amazing Corvid EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 10:04 am

Thank you, this is a really great share. I have seen all of these behaviors, not in series though, that have given me great respect. I remember first watching stealing when my mother lifted me to a window to show me blue jays working together to steal prize nesting material and then go to another tree to build. We were in New Jersey at the time and I remember who saying that behavior alone proved those jays had to be NJ natives.

In Kansas, in much more severe ice and snow conditions, there was a pair of Canada geese that stayed through one of the worst winters on record. Every day, I would watch them walk in several hundred feet from the forest, struggling to punch though the ice, and every single time no matter how harsh or stormy it was, the male would let the female eat first and I would watch over her. When she was full, she would do the same for him.

I have tremendous respect for animals that to their species' job so well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The amazing Corvid Empty
PostSubject: Re: The amazing Corvid   The amazing Corvid Empty

Back to top Go down

The amazing Corvid
Page 1 of 1