Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Meteoric

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Meteoric Empty
PostSubject: Meteoric   Meteoric EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:56 am

I just watched the best show I've seen all year. All it took was a sleeping bag, a flashlight, the gulf behind and the stars overhead.

Tonight the Perseids lit up the sky between inky cotton candy puffs of clouds overhead and the sound of the gulf, with pulsing reminders that Ernesto had passed far to our south.

There is no finer theater, no finer painting, nothing that makes one feel the wonder of all that is out there...big, vast and faraway. You can't help but think of bigger things, feel small, impressed with the glory it beholds.

Every time I climb the dunes and make my way to the beach at night, I wonder why I don't do it more often. It is the reason I choose to be here and so many do the same. What happens to cause us to turn to TV, a computer screen, a trip book...anything really, instead of beholding the marvel of this beautiful place on a summer night? Tonight, stars twinkling overhead and a distant comet's tail gave us fireworks more remarkable than anything man could conjure up and I vow to come here more often.

I am going to sleep grateful for a little comet that is a near 16 miles across, that makes its way around the earth every 133 years that has put on its annual show for a recorded 2,000 years.

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Meteoric Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meteoric   Meteoric EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:59 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

Meteoric Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meteoric   Meteoric EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:56 am

I missed it. Sad

I wish I had a nice telescope. I love this kind of stuff.

Did you see any UFO's?
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Meteoric Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meteoric   Meteoric EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:45 am

"Did you see any UFO's?"

Only strange walking and frightening ones roaming the beaches with hand-held lights screeching, looking to torture innocent ghost crabs.

Nonetheless.....Smile
Back to top Go down

Meteoric Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meteoric   Meteoric EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:38 am

SheSurfs wrote:
"Did you see any UFO's?"

Only strange walking and frightening ones roaming the beaches with hand-held lights screeching, looking to torture innocent ghost crabs.

Nonetheless.....Smile

sounds like a lot of fun.

I had to poke as pcola is a UFO capital of the world Wink

This doesnt mean I dont believe in UFO's....

because I do affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meteoric Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meteoric   Meteoric Empty

Back to top Go down

Meteoric
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: General-
Jump to: