Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best economic report in years out today

Go down 
+3
Eric
mediawatcher
nochain
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Best economic report in years out today Empty
PostSubject: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 1:20 pm

This is for the Obama bashers http://money.cnn.com/
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 1:54 pm

LOL!

Benghazi - Didn't know, not responsible
IRS Scandal - Didn't know - not responsible
NSA - Didn't know - not responsible
Green Energy failures - Didn't know - not responsible
Fast and Furious - Didn't know - not responsible
Disastrous Obamacare rollout - Didn't know - not responsible
Lies about "keeping your health care" - didn't know - not responsible

Slight economic improvement after over 5 years of free fall - HERO!!!!

Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:30 pm

nochain wrote:
LOL!

Reported that.... 41% of 'created' jobs were in the government sector!....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:33 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:
LOL!

Reported that....    41% of 'created' jobs were in the government sector!.... Not surprised that even with the scandals quoted above there would be banging the drum that the cowh/administration would be declared a success....with the standards set so low even not sucking so bad is now seen as a good sign.....
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 2:13 am

"...Then why doesn't it feel all that rosy out there?
The economy still feels depressing because for many people, it is, said Elise Gould, a labor economist at the liberal-leaning Economic Policy Institute.
"Those at the very top have bounced back, but we have not seen that for people at the middle or at the bottom," she said.
Stocks may be rising, but only half of Americans actually own them. Sure, companies are flush with cash, but workers' wages are up only about 1% from a year ago, after accounting for inflation. Union-led strikes by fast-food workers are on the rise.
Then there are those who still cannot find work: About 11 million Americans remain unemployed, and 37% of them have been out of a job for at least six months.
"We continue to be very concerned about the long-term unemployed," said Secretary of Labor Tom Perez. "Their problems persist."
When Wal-Mart recently opened two stores in Washington, D.C., more than 23,000 people submitted applications for the 600 job openings.
That means each applicant stood a mere 2.6% chance of being hired. Harvard has a higher acceptance rate.
"It's not uncommon for us to get this number of applications in urban areas when there is such a need for jobs," Wal-Mart spokesman David Tovar said."

Yeah, everything is freaking fantastic... so long as you're living in Fantasy Land. The reason I moved to Alaska is because the job market in the Lower 48 is so utterly terrible and after my last employer went out of business, even with a great education, an awesome resume, references and letters of recommendation, I'd been unemployed for a YEAR, in which time I had gotten all of one *singular* interview for my efforts. I interviewed for an Operations Team Leader position for Caterpillar for which over ONE THOUSAND people had applied. They had ONE spot open... And that was in a rural county, not in some big city. Yeah, everything is great. lol
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 2:19 am

And yeah, let's create *more* government jobs... that'll solve everything! Shall we enumerate the reasons why that is a bad idea?? Pfffft.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:03 am

I was out of work and looked for a job for a couple of years, then just said F*** it!

I'm officially retired. Thankfully, I married an extremely smart lady who has a very good job, or we'd be in deep do do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:23 am

Eric wrote:
I was out of work and looked for a job for a couple of years, then just said F*** it!  

I'm officially retired.  Thankfully, I married an extremely smart lady who has a very good job, or we'd be in deep do do.
You are among millions of others that aren't being counted in these GREAT economic numbers being touted by the administration and their supporters....geez what ever happened to the 'misery index' that was used so skillfully in the past to challenge the numbers of past administrations?....
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:10 am

Right, and I always wondered if/how I was being counted since I did not collect unemployment. Do you know how that works, mediawatcher?
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:33 am

Wow, Riceme...those are some credentials and skills to have landed that spot. I agree with you and see that AK is a lot like the rest of the country was in post WWII (before AK was even a state).

We are still floating on a massive credit bubble that destroyed once top-of-the-world in power and economy countries like Spain and France. I have heard some say that we can grow our way out of this but with reduced resources, an increasing imbalance of trade, and small businesses hamstrung with taxes and fees, it just isn't going to happen.

As we try to figure this out, I am telling my future college-educated son that there is no formula for financial success and that he WILL be out of a job for two or more years during his career for layoffs and to plan for it accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 6:30 pm

The 41 percent government job creation came from a right wing political reporting group and is skewed because it counted all returning federal employees laid off by the govt shut down as new jobs. The real figure of actual "new" jobs is around 3 percent.

Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 6:31 pm

Edit this was the November report
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 6:33 pm

riceme wrote:
Right, and I always wondered if/how I was being counted since I did not collect unemployment. Do you know how that works, mediawatcher?

No you. Are not
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 6:48 pm

The kudlow report has a classic debate between alan greenspan and john taylor

A must see......great economists

Oops now tonight
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 6:54 pm

Lookin' buff, whowherewhy.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 7:01 pm

Thanks eric...

The debate is on cnbc.com for review revolved around fed monetary policy and the housing bubble of 03 to 06

I would submit that neither france nor spain economies compare to the US market....i think Friedman would agree, and world economies are just that we are not in a vacuum, a little off topic Smile

Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 7:27 pm

Eric wrote:
Lookin' buff, whowherewhy.

How can you tell since you are both wearing shades?

Cool 
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 7:31 pm

whowherewhy wrote:
Thanks eric...

The debate is on cnbc.com for review revolved around fed monetary policy and the housing bubble of 03 to 06

I would submit that neither france nor spain economies compare to the US market....i think Friedman would agree, and world economies are just that we are not in a vacuum, a little off topic Smile

Shoulda gone to world history class instead of the gym the day they covered that.

Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Lol btw back on topic REAL unemployment in this country is a bit above 13 percent
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 8:07 pm

Is this picture better surfer girl? Darn dark glasses!
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 8:11 pm

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=3629

I submit that everyone needs to read and understand this report.

Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 5:33 am

Surfnrg wrote:
The 41 percent government job creation came from a right wing political reporting group and is skewed because it counted all returning federal employees laid off by the govt shut down as new jobs. The real figure of actual "new" jobs is around 3 percent.

No....the returning workers were counted as created and/or saved jobs in order in an attempt to bolster the economic numbers....the skewed numbers are not correct and some have estimated that if all those that did not file claims for unemployment and those that just said screw it ain't looking no more...the number may be closer to 11-15%....
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 2:57 pm

I believe the true unemployment rate is a bit over 13 percent.

Where did u find the report that counted returning fed workers that way?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 4:01 pm

I'm always amazed at the reaction to any good news coming during the Obama administration. The left wingers look at it as good news, even though I doubt there are any of us left who believe and cling to every word the POTUS says. He's as capable of lying through his teeth as all of our presidents in recent history have been.But still, good news is good news.
The moderates out there and the fence sitters view the good news with more skepticism and tend to believe it's just a short blip and will probably not last long. They semi-hope for the best but don't truly accept that it can happen.
And the Republicans just say that any good news that happened between January 2009 and today is a lie and anyone who doesn't know that is a damned fool.

That's the simple explanation and the easiest to believe. It can be filed away and now they can all go watch Honey Boo Boo and enjoy themselves.
I guess Duck Dynasty won't be as much fun anymore though.

Oh, the tragedy!!!!
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 5:40 am

Otter wrote:
I'm always amazed at the reaction to any good news coming during the Obama administration.  The left wingers look at it as good news, even though I doubt there are any of us left who believe and cling to every word the POTUS says. He's as capable of lying through his teeth as all of our presidents in recent history have been.But still, good news is good news.
The moderates out there and the fence sitters view the good news with more skepticism and tend to believe it's just a short blip and will probably not last long. They semi-hope for the best but don't truly accept that it can happen.
And the Republicans just say that any good news that happened between January 2009  and today is a lie and anyone who doesn't know that is a damned fool.

That's the simple explanation and the easiest to believe. It can be filed away and now they can all go watch Honey Boo Boo and enjoy themselves.
I guess Duck Dynasty won't be as much fun anymore though.

Oh, the tragedy!!!!

Stereotype much? How funny.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best economic report in years out today   Best economic report in years out today Empty

Back to top Go down

Best economic report in years out today
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next