Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

“Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nochain

nochain

“Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure Empty
PostSubject: “Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure   “Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:56 am

This misguided program, like Oblamercare, had some very real side effects and did not even come close to the goals trumpeted by an inept Oblamer administration. One other factor I am sure the progressive morons who dreamed this up failed to realize is that when a car was traded in under this program it had to be destroyed. So in effect folks least likely to afford a new car (even with taxpayer funded vouchers) now had access to a reduced used car market. Another not so amusing anecdote is the web site dealers had to access in order to claim vouchers had Oblamercare System type troubles. Can this group of brain dead freaks do anything right? Way to go progressive morons! Of course with all the other shovel ready disasters Oblamer has foisted on Americans I was not surprised when I read this article.

“Now a study by Ted Gayer and Emily Parker, published by the Brookings Institution, a mildly liberal think tank, concludes: “The $2.85 billion in vouchers provided by the program had a small and short-lived impact on gross domestic product, essentially shifting roughly a few billion dollars forward from the subsequent two quarters following the program.”

Most of the 677,842 sales were simply taken from the near future. That many older vehicles were traded in — and, as required by law, destroyed. Gayer and Parker accept as reasonable an estimate that the cost per job created by the program was $1.4 million.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/george-will-clunker-progressivism/2013/11/06/95faf0be-4676-11e3-bf0c-cebf37c6f484_story.html?hpid=z3

“Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCgCi7vYeWMBUviERF5LyMOBT8rpBHDCPo_1MnWcdldNJ7jnUd
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: “Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure   “Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:14 am

nochain wrote:
This misguided program, like Oblamercare, had some very real side effects and did not even come close to the goals trumpeted by an inept Oblamer administration. One other factor I am sure the progressive morons who dreamed this up failed to realize is that when a car was traded in under this program it had to be destroyed. So in effect folks least likely to afford a new car (even with taxpayer funded vouchers) now had access to a reduced used car market. Another not so amusing anecdote is the web site dealers had to access in order to claim vouchers had Oblamercare System type troubles. Can this group of brain dead freaks do anything right? Way to go progressive morons! Of course with all the other shovel ready disasters Oblamer has foisted on Americans I was not surprised when I read this article.

“Now a study by Ted Gayer and Emily Parker, published by the Brookings Institution, a mildly liberal think tank, concludes: “The $2.85 billion in vouchers provided by the program had a small and short-lived impact on gross domestic product, essentially shifting roughly a few billion dollars forward from the subsequent two quarters following the program.”

Most of the 677,842 sales were simply taken from the near future. That many older vehicles were traded in — and, as required by law, destroyed. Gayer and Parker accept as reasonable an estimate that the cost per job created by the program was $1.4 million.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/george-will-clunker-progressivism/2013/11/06/95faf0be-4676-11e3-bf0c-cebf37c6f484_story.html?hpid=z3

“Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCgCi7vYeWMBUviERF5LyMOBT8rpBHDCPo_1MnWcdldNJ7jnUd
Considering that [name] cowh healthcare was supposed to be the crown jewel...accomplishment....is it any wonder why other illustrations are also failures?....Would say it's been a joke....but the joke has been on all of us...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: “Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure   “Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:18 am

I wouldn't blame it all on the Obama administration. After all, a Republican co-sponsored the Senate version with another Democrat. (It was a Dem that sponsored the bill in the House.)
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: “Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure   “Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:36 am

Eric wrote:
I wouldn't blame it all on the Obama administration.  After all, a Republican co-sponsored the Senate version with another Democrat.  (It was a Dem that sponsored the bill in the House.)
I think its important to point out every failure that has occurred under his "watch" - simply because priority one needs to be getting representatives elected next year who will defund or just plain scrap Oblamercare and the more incompetent the Oblamercare supporters are portrayed the better. Thankfully they have given anti-oblamercare people lots of ammunition. This next election will be ugly and it needs to be. It's past time to clean house - pun intended.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: “Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure   “Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 11:20 am

nochain wrote:
I think its important to point out every failure that has occurred under his "watch" - simply because priority one needs to be getting representatives elected next year who will defund or just plain scrap Oblamercare and the more incompetent the Oblamercare supporters are portrayed the better. Thankfully they have given anti-oblamercare people lots of ammunition. This next election will be ugly and it needs to be. It's past time to clean house - pun intended.
... and Obama didn't HAVE to sign the "Cash for Clunkers" bill into law.

Of course, the so-called "Cash for Clunkers" language was inserted into the Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2009, which helped fund our military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan for 2009.  

I am against inserting unrelated "last minute" language into these funding bills that are soooo important, they cannot be vetoed without severe ramifications.  But the Democrat-controlled Congress overrode a non-insertion clause to insert this language.  I guess they wanted it pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: “Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure   “Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 11:29 am

Eric wrote:
nochain wrote:
... and Obama didn't HAVE to sign the "Cash for Clunkers" bill into law.

Of course, the so-called "Cash for Clunkers" language was inserted into the Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2009, which helped fund our military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan for 2009.  

I am against inserting unrelated "last minute" language into these funding bills that are soooo important, they cannot be vetoed without severe ramifications.  But the Democrat-controlled Congress overrode a non-insertion clause to insert this language.  I guess they wanted it pretty bad.
Yep, the politicians have more tricks to sneak through legislation than Copperfield has illusions. Ending earmarks never makes it very far in the so-called real world of politics (except for many states) - BHO promised to end earmarks and "go through line for line" but it appears that hill was too steep to climb. Porkers snorting and grubbing at the tax money trough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: “Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure   “Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure Empty

Back to top Go down

“Cash for Clunkers” – yet another Oblamer failure
Page 1 of 1