Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3 Empty
PostSubject: Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3   Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 12:33 pm

Don't forget to set your clocks back this weekend.  (My car's clock has jumped back already.)

Officially, Daylight Savings Time ends on Sunday at 2:00 a.m. (and Standard Time begins).
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3   Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 5:04 pm

Weird that your car's clock has already jumped back. I wonder what that's all about.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3   Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 5:43 pm

My guess is that, when the car was made in 2006, the change was the last week in October.

Edit: According to Wikipedia,
Quote :
In 1986 Congress enacted P.L. 99-359, amending the Uniform Time Act by changing the beginning of DST to the first Sunday in April and having the end remain the last Sunday in October.[3] These start and end dates were in effect from 1987 to 2006. The time was adjusted at 2:00 a.m. (0200) local time.

By the Energy Policy Act of 2005, daylight saving time (DST) was extended in the United States beginning in 2007. As of that year, DST began on the second Sunday of March and ended on the first Sunday of November. These changes result in a DST period that is four weeks longer than in previous years.[5] In 2008 daylight saving time ended at 2:00 a.m. DST (0200) (1:00 a.m. ST) on Sunday, November 2, and in 2009 it began at 2:00 a.m. (3:00 a.m. DST) on Sunday, March 8.[6] Wyoming Senator Michael Enzi and Michigan Representative Fred Upton advocated the extension from October into November especially to allow children to go trick-or-treating in more daylight.[7]

The date and time of all clock changes is determined by the week number in March or November and always happens at 2:00 a.m. on a Sunday. Clocks "spring" forward on the second Sunday in March, and "fall" back on the first Sunday in November. The following table lists recent past and near future starting and ending dates:
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3   Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 7:06 pm

Hmm. Either I never knew any of that or I knew it and successfully flushed it for new information to come in.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3   Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 9:08 pm

riceme wrote:
Hmm. Either I never knew any of that or I knew it and successfully flushed it for new information to come in.
That's exactly how I feel sometimes. My brain is like a hard drive with limited capacity... old memories are displaced by new memories.

I don't claim to be an Einstein... just persistent.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3   Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:56 pm

Eric wrote:
riceme wrote:
That's exactly how I feel sometimes.  My brain is like a hard drive with limited capacity... old memories are displaced by new memories.

I don't claim to be an Einstein... just persistent.
There are a few people who I know well enough to be able to sometimes ask, "Did I ever know that, or is this really new information, like it seems??" lol. Likewise, I can tell them, "You DID used to know this, I remember talking about this with you years ago." We all laugh about it. Frighteningly, I seem to be the one with the best memory. Now you can be in on the joke too, E. scratch 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3   Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 1:32 pm

I think my hard drive has limited space too. I've always had to forget things to add new ones into that empty space.
My problem is that when I do that, I never remember to defrag the thing and I've just become very spacy with age.
Anyone with knowledge of defragging an aging mind's hard drive- I'd appreciate a response. scratch 
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3   Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 1:45 pm

Otter wrote:

Anyone with knowledge of defragging an aging mind's hard drive- I'd appreciate a response. scratch 
My mother-in-law appears to have done it with something called "alzheimer's". Doubt you would want to go there though! After 6 years in a nursing home she thinks she has only been there two weeks. Sometimes.....
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3   Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 2:14 pm

nochain wrote:

My mother-in-law appears to have done it with something called "alzheimer's". Doubt you would want to go there though! After 6 years in a nursing home she thinks she has only been there two weeks. Sometimes.....
Gotta be grateful it's not the inverse. Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3   Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 3:58 pm

I imagine Electroshock "Therapy" would do some unscrambling...

Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3 Ect
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3   Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 4:37 pm

Eric wrote:
My understanding is that it scrambles a lot more than it UNscrambles. More to the point, people experience memory loss after ECT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3   Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 7:16 pm

riceme wrote:
Eric wrote:
My understanding is that it scrambles a lot more than it UNscrambles. More to the point, people experience memory loss after ECT.

Oh well. I think maybe ECT would be a little more defragging than even I need.
My "spaces" are fairly harmless so far.
As long as all of my cookies aren't deleted I can still find my way home at night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3   Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Daylight Savings Time "Fall-back" this Sunday, Nov. 3
Page 1 of 1