Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joke of the day?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Joke of the day? Empty
PostSubject: Joke of the day?    Joke of the day? EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 9:16 am

MSNBC Host....The Clintons represent the type of honesty that the public craves today....And so the 2016 race has begun....Comedian/MSNBC (all one in the same) Ronnan Farrow...
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

Joke of the day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joke of the day?    Joke of the day? EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 9:27 am

WOW - it's going to be a LONG campaign. Of course she probably has PTSD from her narrow brush with "sniper fire":

"She said when she arrived in Bosnia on March 25, 1996, "I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

But news video footage of her arrival at Tuzla shows Clinton, then the first lady, calmly walking from the rear ramp of a U.S. Air Force plane with her daughter, Chelsea, then 16, at her side. Both Clintons held their heads up and did not appear rushed.

The video shows Clinton spending several minutes talking with the group, including an 8-year-old Bosnian girl who presented her with a poem, and later greeting U.S. troops." http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/25/campaign.wrap/

Her apparent problem with telling the truth started much earlier though:

"Jerry Zeifman, a lifelong Democrat, supervised the work of 27-year-old Hillary Rodham on the committee [investigating Watergate]. Hillary got a job working on the investigation at the behest of her former law professor, Burke Marshall, who was also Sen. Ted Kennedy’s chief counsel in the Chappaquiddick affair. When the investigation was over, Zeifman fired Hillary from the committee staff and refused to give her a letter of recommendation – one of only three people who earned that dubious distinction in Zeifman’s 17-year career.

Why?

“Because she was a liar,” Zeifman said in an interview last week. “She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.”

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/hillary-clinton-fired-for-lies-unethical-behavior/#3RFhGTFjZmRg8Pgu.99
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Joke of the day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joke of the day?    Joke of the day? EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 9:46 am

nochain wrote:
WOW - it's going to be a LONG campaign. Of course she probably has PTSD from her narrow brush with "sniper fire":

"She said when she arrived in Bosnia on March 25, 1996, "I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

But news video footage of her arrival at Tuzla shows Clinton, then the first lady, calmly walking from the rear ramp of a U.S. Air Force plane with her daughter, Chelsea, then 16, at her side. Both Clintons held their heads up and did not appear rushed.

The video shows Clinton spending several minutes talking with the group, including an 8-year-old Bosnian girl who presented her with a poem, and later greeting U.S. troops." http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/25/campaign.wrap/

"Jerry Zeifman, a lifelong Democrat, supervised the work of 27-year-old Hillary Rodham on the committee [investigating Watergate]. Hillary got a job working on the investigation at the behest of her former law professor, Burke Marshall, who was also Sen. Ted Kennedy’s chief counsel in the Chappaquiddick affair. When the investigation was over, Zeifman fired Hillary from the committee staff and refused to give her a letter of recommendation – one of only three people who earned that dubious distinction in Zeifman’s 17-year career.

Why?

“Because she was a liar,” Zeifman said in an interview last week. “She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.”

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/hillary-clinton-fired-for-lies-unethical-behavior/#3RFhGTFjZmRg8Pgu.99
Remember her battle experience story!...but it's explanable there had to be some weapons fire somewhere in Bosnia...It's that definition of where "is"..."is"...Reading what Mr Zeifman said she's more that qualified to run as a democrat...but at this point in time does it really matter is she is/was a 'liar'...'unethical..dishonest lawyer' (isn't that stating an obvious?)..' a violator or the Constitution' and 'rules of the House.....committee...and confidentiality'...No wonder she handled Benghazi like she did....
Back to top Go down

Joke of the day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joke of the day?    Joke of the day? EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 10:41 am

mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

Why?

Remember her battle experience story!...but it's explanable there had to be some weapons fire somewhere in Bosnia...It's that definition of where "is"..."is"...Reading what Mr Zeifman said she's more that qualified to run as a democrat...but at this point in time does it really matter is she is/was a 'liar'...'unethical..dishonest lawyer' (isn't that stating an obvious?)..' a violator or the Constitution' and 'rules of the House.....committee...and confidentiality'...No wonder she handled Benghazi like she did....

I suspect that if she runs, she'll definitely win. The POTUS we have now knows how to tell some whoppers, and so did nearly everyone in the Bush and Clinton administrations. When you consider Iran Contra, you have to figure the Reagan administration wasn't too honest either. Then you can skip Jimmy Carter, who didn't lie much but was a terrible POTUS, and you get back to Nixon, who has a picture of his posted next to the word Liar in the dictionary. Let's see- didn't Johnson lie to expand the war in Vietnam? I don't want to get into Kennedy, who never told us the Cuban Missile Crisis was ended by agreeing to remove missiles from where was it-Turkey?
That leads us to Eisenhower, but I'm not going to talk about him because I LIKE IKE. I have to, because I'm ALMOST too young to remember him and I still have a campaign pin somewhere around here that says I like him.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

Joke of the day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joke of the day?    Joke of the day? EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 11:14 am

[quote="Otter"]
mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:
W..
I suspect that if she runs,  she'll definitely win.  
One thing is certain - whoever the next President is will have a tough row to hoe internationally after BHO's foreign "non-policy" errors that have so many of our closest allies disgusted with the U.S. Compound that with the disregard for reality shown over the last few years for serious domestic issues (exacerbated in no small part by an ineffective Congress) and you have a situation that someone would have to be crazy to want to wrestle with. But since politicians typically have egos they need a truck to carry it around in I anticipate no shortage of wanna-be's.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Joke of the day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joke of the day?    Joke of the day? EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 12:34 pm

I'm listening to a Clancy book titled "Teeth of the Tiger", I think. It's about a secret spook agency that eliminates terrorists through clandestine assassinations.

The characters in Tom Clancy's book insinuated that Ike used the CIA effectively for similar operations.

I'm not so naive to think this kind of stuff doesn't happen with all administrations, but like Otter, I like Ike.

Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

nochain

Joke of the day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joke of the day?    Joke of the day? EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 1:22 pm

Eric wrote:
I'm listening to a Clancy book titled "Teeth of the Tiger", I think.  It's about a secret spook agency that eliminates terrorists through clandestine assassinations.

The characters in Tom Clancy's book insinuated that Ike used the CIA effectively for similar  operations.

I'm not so naive to think this kind of stuff doesn't happen with all administrations, but like Otter, I like Ike.  

I've read the book. It seems CIA has been involved in assassinations - more accurately attempts - on numerous occasions. I've also seen rumors of outsourcing to Blackwater but who knows. Now what was once called an assassination is a military operation using SF personnel, manned aircraft, or drones. Call it what you will but if a known terrorist gets whacked I don't care how the bullet arrives. A former Navy shipmate of mine got killed (leaving behind a wife and new baby) in the 9/11 Pentagon murders so I have no sympathy for a terrorist getting slicked.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Joke of the day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joke of the day?    Joke of the day? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 12:20 pm

Otter wrote:

I suspect that if she runs,  she'll definitely win.  The POTUS we have now knows how to tell some whoppers, and so did nearly everyone in the Bush and Clinton administrations. When you consider Iran Contra, you have to figure the Reagan administration wasn't too honest either. Then you can skip Jimmy Carter, who didn't lie much but was a terrible POTUS, and you get back to Nixon, who has a picture of his posted next to the word Liar in the dictionary. Let's see- didn't Johnson lie to expand the war in Vietnam? I don't want to get into Kennedy, who never told us the Cuban Missile Crisis was ended  by agreeing to remove missiles from where was it-Turkey?  
That leads us to Eisenhower,  but I'm not going to talk about him because I LIKE IKE. I have to, because I'm ALMOST too young to remember him and I still have a campaign pin somewhere around here that says I like him.
I dunno, Otter. I think Obama has sort of wrecked it for the Democrats for a while. Plus, we still have never before elected a woman, and she is a woman with some political history and baggage, to boot. Not a lot of people really like her, I don't think. Err, "not enough," is probably more accurate.

Regarding the lying, they're politicians... they're born to lie.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Joke of the day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joke of the day?    Joke of the day? EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 2:41 pm

Yep, the Obamacare rollout has done a number on the Democrats. Sadly, they brought it on themselves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
riceme

riceme

Joke of the day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joke of the day?    Joke of the day? EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 8:25 pm

Melissa wrote:
Yep, the Obamacare rollout has done a number on the Democrats. Sadly, they brought it on themselves.
I agree, Melissa. You can always trust a politician to shoot himself in the foot.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Joke of the day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joke of the day?    Joke of the day? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Political joke of the day:

Politicians and diapers have one thing in common: they should both be changed regularly… and for the same reason.

Cool 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Joke of the day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joke of the day?    Joke of the day? Empty

Back to top Go down

Joke of the day?
Page 1 of 1