Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Angels in our midst

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Angels in our midst Empty
PostSubject: Angels in our midst   Angels in our midst EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 7:33 pm

Angels on the forum..there are many, but I would like to take a minute to thank Jake as being a super Angel!
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Angels in our midst   Angels in our midst EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 7:43 pm

I'm nothing special, I just have manners, respect people until they prove they don't deserve it, try to help people in need, and have great parents that taught me right from wrong..
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Angels in our midst   Angels in our midst EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 7:52 pm

Jake92 wrote:
I'm nothing special, I just have manners, respect people until they prove they don't deserve it, try to help people in need, and have great parents that taught me right from wrong..
yo

Hon, you may not realize it, but those are the most important of all life's issues.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Angels in our midst   Angels in our midst EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 7:53 pm

I agree 100%.. I NEVER wanted to bring shame to my parents...
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Angels in our midst   Angels in our midst EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:04 pm

I loved, still do, my dead parents and think of them daily. Sad
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Angels in our midst   Angels in our midst EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:07 pm

Mom is still living in P'cola and dad is in a nursing home in Mobile since falling in June.. I've been going to see him 2-3 times a week for a few hours at a time.. Ummmmmm Tomorrow after Hardee's I'll be busy getting shutters on mom's windows and making sure everything is ready for the storm..
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Angels in our midst   Angels in our midst EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:21 pm

Jake92 wrote:
Mom is still living in P'cola and dad is in a nursing home in Mobile since falling in June..  I've been going to see him 2-3 times a week for a few hours at a time..  Ummmmmm  Tomorrow after Hardee's I'll be busy getting shutters on mom's windows and making sure everything is ready for the storm..
OMG, Jake, I'm so sorry! It's horrible seeing our parent diminish and perish. Urgh. I still don't deal with it well. I am so sorry, really.

Please take every nano second to see your Dad that you can....my Dad fell victim to a fall as well. We can't know when it will happen despite our best efforts.

Your Mom knows and appreciates your every effort, I'm sure.

I'm so sorry, been through both parent's demise and am only more than happy to lend a shoulder should you need. Really.

I mean that.

Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Angels in our midst   Angels in our midst EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Thank you Storm.. Dad is 91 and mom is 88.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Angels in our midst   Angels in our midst EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 10:03 pm

You must have good genes, then.

My mom passed at 92 and my dad at 87. My grandmother passed at 95 and mom's surviving sister is 101 I think.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Angels in our midst   Angels in our midst EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 2:40 am

Y'all both come from good gene pools! I hope it was passed on to you both!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Angels in our midst   Angels in our midst EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Yeah. You gave me all the bad genes. :-(((
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Angels in our midst   Angels in our midst EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 11:00 am

Melissa wrote:
Yeah. You gave me all the bad genes.   :-(((
Mother & Daughter? Now, Stormy and I are not Mother and daughte.`

Heeeheee.....I always tease my family about being the one who got the ALL the bad genes. Cancer, weird muscle problems, occasional bouts with depression, all the good stuff. Twisted Evil 
On the positive side,My Mom told me shortly before she passed that I inherited my wonderful grandmother's love of animals and gardening. I think I've written this before, but my grandparents (who raised me for a couple of years) lived in a five story townhouse in Baltimore, not far from the Baltimore museum, a beatiful city park and the Johns Hopkins Hospital.

I thought all grandparents had 26 Cocker Spaniels in their homes and eleven outside cats that had to be fed every night. And birds in cages and a large violet garden under grow lights in the dining room.

It was a marvelous childhood - the very best! Not until I got older did I learn that my grandmother was not permitted to have a "kennel." When an animal control officer knocked on her door one time, Nana put all of the dogs in the basement except for her oldest Cocker, who just happened to be blind. Nana answered the door with that one dog, and told the officer "This is the only dog I have. Isn't it sad he is blind and very, very old?"

The officer smiled and left. Good thing he never came back with a search warrant!

I miss my grandmother and grandfather. I could have learned so much more from them if I could talk with them now.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Angels in our midst   Angels in our midst EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 11:28 am

Melissa wrote:
Yeah. You gave me all the bad genes.   :-(((
Mother & Daughter? No, Stormy and I are not Mother and daughte.`

Heeeheee.....I always tease my family about being the one who got the ALL the bad genes. Cancer, weird muscle problems, occasional bouts with depression, all the good stuff. Twisted Evil 
On the positive side,My Mom told me shortly before she passed that I inherited my wonderful grandmother's love of animals and gardening. I think I've written this before, but my grandparents (who raised me for a couple of years) lived in a five story townhouse in Baltimore, not far from the Baltimore museum, a beatiful city park and the Johns Hopkins Hospital.

I thought all grandparents had 26 Cocker Spaniels in their homes and eleven outside cats that had to be fed every night. And birds in cages and a large violet garden under grow lights in the dining room.

It was a marvelous childhood - the very best! Not until I got older did I learn that my grandmother was not permitted to have a "kennel." When an animal control officer knocked on her door one time, Nana put all of the dogs in the basement except for her oldest Cocker, who just happened to be blind. Nana answered the door with that one dog, and told the officer "This is the only dog I have. Isn't it sad he is blind and very, very old?"

The officer smiled and left. Good thing he never came back with a search warrant!

I miss my grandmother and grandfather. I could have learned so much more from them if I could talk with them now.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angels in our midst   Angels in our midst Empty

Back to top Go down

Angels in our midst
Page 1 of 1