Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Windows Snipping Tool

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Windows Snipping Tool Empty
PostSubject: Windows Snipping Tool   Windows Snipping Tool EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 pm

Do you ever want to capture only a portion of your screen... and use "print screen", then paste it into a graphics program to select the portion of the screen you wanted to select?

I had forgotten about this tool, but now I have it pinned to my taskbar. It is called the Snipping Tool. It allows for you to select just a portion of the screen with your mouse. If you want to try it, do this:

Go to "Start" and in the "search programs and files" window just above the Start button, type Snip. Click on Snipping Tool to run it and follow the instructions... essentially, draw a box around what part of the existing screen you want to capture. There are tools that allow you to add text, highlight, e-mail, etc.

If you want this tool to be on your taskbar, after typing Snip, right click on Snipping Tool and you can select "Pin to Taskbar" or, if you want it on your Desktop, select "Send to" then select "desktop".

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

Windows Snipping Tool
Page 1 of 1