Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Euthanize this woman.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

Euthanize this woman. Empty
PostSubject: Euthanize this woman.   Euthanize this woman. EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:43 pm

The woman who wrote this letter should be the one euthanized, not the child. At the end of the letter she slid under the door of the of the child's grandmother that said "Nobody wants you living here and they don't have the guts to tell you!!!". While saying this she signs the letter as "One pissed off mother!". Seems like she does not have the guts to face the grandmother either.

The letter that she wrote is horrible. I hope that what she done is a crime in Canada and they find her and charge her.

The article can be found here:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/ontario-police-aware-hateful-letter-telling-family-euthanize-171036930.html

The letter in its entirety can be read here:

https://twitter.com/lennonandmaisy/status/369301618518290434/photo/1
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Euthanize this woman.   Euthanize this woman. EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:40 pm

What a piece of work this woman is.

Barking dogs are okay, but the boy deserves euthanasia because he makes noise? Huh?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Euthanize this woman.   Euthanize this woman. EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:52 am

Being euthanized would be far too kind and gentle a death for this piece of shit. I can think of a lot of other far more deserving deaths for this bitch.

One of my jobs while I was working myself though university was as a Behavior Respite Worker. A regular Respite Worker is a trained professional who provides periodic, scheduled relief (ranging from once a week to once daily) for the primary caregivers of folks of all ages who are developmentally disabled. A Behavior Respite Worker is someone who does the same thing, except they are specially trained to deal with folks who have a history of repeated physical violence. I've worked with, known, and had the honor to call my friends, many folks with developmental disabilities. All of them had histories of "repeated physical violence." They are some of the finest folks I've ever had the pleasure to spend time with and call my friends. My roommates and friends used to love it when I brought my clients home and used to ask, "When are you bringing your people home again??" Ever since then, I have referred to folks with developmental disabilities as "My People."

The primary caregivers and the managers at the non-profit for whom I worked would get together and come up with "plans" for each client, among which was always a Disciplinary Plan that often included things like putting grown-ass people (like, old enough to be my granny) in "time-outs" if they did, uhh, what they do. For example, my favorite client, a ~67-yr old severely Autistic woman loved to describe people's shirts, and she first categorized by color (all fruits, you'll catch on): blueberry for blue, lime for green, lemon for yellow, strawberry for pink, raspberry for red,... it gets tricky when we get to black and white. I provided her with Licorice and Vanilla, which she accepted. Grey always confused her. Then she categorized by shirt type. If it was a t-shirt, it was just a t-shirt, a button-down shirt was a blouse, whether it was on a man or a woman, a polo shirt, sweater, or anything else was just a "top." If you ever wanted your tops organized in you closet, she would be the one to call. Her system is amazing and her brain just blows me away.

She LOVED to go out in public (and her primary caregivers NEVER took her out, I believe because it embarrassed them) and she would often go right up to someone, grab their shirt, and yell, "[My first name], SHE HAS A *BLUE*BERRY BLOUSE ON!" I would be prepared and be close-by to make sure the person didn't freak out and scare her. It would often startle the person initially, but they would quickly warm to her, because she always had a big, sweet smile on her face, then they would engage with her very kindly, then excuse themselves or I would tell Bevie that we needed to let the nice lady go, then I'd wink at the person and exchange a glance that meant, "Thank you so much." Bevie could hear very well and would question me if I said anything out loud. I can only recall three occasions in the years that I cared for her that she did this and people responded badly. Two people just gave us nasty looks and stormed away (which she did not understand and which upset her), the other said something ugly, THEN stormed away.

The thing is, I was supposed to PUNISH her for this behavior. It didn't hurt anybody at all, and as mentioned above, out of many hundreds of these interactions, there were only three negative ones. Everyone else was very kind and sweet with her.

I would only work Behavior Respite with children and seniors, because I was scared to work with the adult men, and you cannot state a gender preference. I only had one problem with a client in all the time I did this work. He was an 8-yr old boy and he outweighed me by more than 30-lbs. He suddenly and unexpectedly attacked me in the kitchen one day, first throwing everything out of the fridge at me... orange juice, milk, leftovers, etc. Then he moved on to the drawer next to the fridge and began throwing silverware at me, THEN he grabbed a steak knife and tried to stab me with it. He inexplicably dropped it (whew!) and ran upstairs, and I followed. Before I could get there, he'd already thrown open his (supposedly nailed shut!) window and jumped out. All I could see were his fingers hanging on to the window ledge and he was screaming for me to help him and how sorry he was that he'd been "bad." Considering how much bigger this EIGHT YEAR OLD was than me, I can only attribute the fact that I yanked his butt back into the house by adrenaline. Afterwards he snuggled up to me, crying about how sorry he was for being so naughty, and telling me how much he loved me, begging me please to not go (meaning, please don't stop taking care of him. All his previous BRW's had quit after 3-mos or less). I always felt so badly for him... all the cards seemed to be stacked against him.

I still think of them as My People. I wish I could get my hands on the awful POS who wrote that letter, and god help her if I ever did.

Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Euthanize this woman.   Euthanize this woman. EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 6:32 am

riceme wrote:
Being euthanized would be far too kind and gentle a death for this piece of shit. I can think of a lot of other far more deserving deaths for this bitch.

One of my jobs while I was working myself though university was as a Behavior Respite Worker. A regular Respite Worker is a trained professional who provides periodic, scheduled relief (ranging from once a week to once daily) for the primary caregivers of folks of all ages who are developmentally disabled. A Behavior Respite Worker is someone who does the same thing, except they are specially trained to deal with folks who have a history of repeated physical violence. I've worked with, known, and had the honor to call my friends, many folks with developmental disabilities. All of them had histories of "repeated physical violence." They are some of the finest folks I've ever had the pleasure to spend time with and call my friends. My roommates and friends used to love it when I brought my clients home and used to ask, "When are you bringing your people home again??" Ever since then, I have referred to folks with developmental disabilities as "My People."

The primary caregivers and the managers at the non-profit for whom I worked would get together and come up with "plans" for each client, among which was always a Disciplinary Plan that often included things like putting grown-ass people (like, old enough to be my granny) in "time-outs" if they did, uhh, what they do. For example, my favorite client, a ~67-yr old severely Autistic woman loved to describe people's shirts, and she first categorized by color (all fruits, you'll catch on): blueberry for blue, lime for green, lemon for yellow, strawberry for pink, raspberry for red,... it gets tricky when we get to black and white. I provided her with Licorice and Vanilla, which she accepted. Grey always confused her. Then she categorized by shirt type. If it was a t-shirt, it was just a t-shirt, a button-down shirt was a blouse, whether it was on a man or a woman, a polo shirt, sweater, or anything else was just a "top." If you ever wanted your tops organized in you closet, she would be the one to call. Her system is amazing and her brain just blows me away.

She LOVED to go out in public (and her primary caregivers NEVER took her out, I believe because it embarrassed them) and she would often go right up to someone, grab their shirt, and yell, "[My first name], SHE HAS A *BLUE*BERRY BLOUSE ON!" I would be prepared and be close-by to make sure the person didn't freak out and scare her. It would often startle the person initially, but they would quickly warm to her, because she always had a big, sweet smile on her face, then they would engage with her very kindly, then excuse themselves or I would tell Bevie that we needed to let the nice lady go, then I'd wink at the person and exchange a glance that meant, "Thank you so much." Bevie could hear very well and would question me if I said anything out loud. I can only recall three occasions in the years that I cared for her that she did this and people responded badly. Two people just gave us nasty looks and stormed away (which she did not understand and which upset her), the other said something ugly, THEN stormed away.

The thing is, I was supposed to PUNISH her for this behavior. It didn't hurt anybody at all, and as mentioned above, out of many hundreds of these interactions, there were only three negative ones. Everyone else was very kind and sweet with her.

I would only work Behavior Respite with children and seniors, because I was scared to work with the adult men, and you cannot state a gender preference. I only had one problem with a client in all the time I did this work. He was an 8-yr old boy and he outweighed me by more than 30-lbs. He suddenly and unexpectedly attacked me in the kitchen one day, first throwing everything out of the fridge at me... orange juice, milk, leftovers, etc. Then he moved on to the drawer next to the fridge and began throwing silverware at me, THEN he grabbed a steak knife and tried to stab me with it. He inexplicably dropped it (whew!) and ran upstairs, and I followed. Before I could get there, he'd already thrown open his (supposedly nailed shut!) window and jumped out. All I could see were his fingers hanging on to the window ledge and he was screaming for me to help him and how sorry he was that he'd been "bad." Considering how much bigger this EIGHT YEAR OLD was than me, I can only attribute the fact that I yanked his butt back into the house by adrenaline. Afterwards he snuggled up to me, crying about how sorry he was for being so naughty, and telling me how much he loved me, begging me please to not go (meaning, please don't stop taking care of him. All his previous BRW's had quit after 3-mos or less). I always felt so badly for him... all the cards seemed to be stacked against him.

I still think of them as My People. I wish I could get my hands on the awful POS who wrote that letter, and god help her if I ever did.

Dang girl when do you get your angel wings ?
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Euthanize this woman.   Euthanize this woman. EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 3:36 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Oh trust me T, I am no angel, lol. I am not a nice girl... never claimed to be. pirat
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Euthanize this woman.   Euthanize this woman. EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 4:13 am

riceme wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Oh trust me T, I am no angel, lol. I am not a nice girl... never claimed to be. pirat
I'll be the judge of that , thank you.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Euthanize this woman.   Euthanize this woman. EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 6:48 am

That letter was beyond unbelievable. Far beyond. I hope they find out who wrote it and plaster her/his name all over the news. Last I heard, it was members of the neighborhood who were trying to determine who wrote it. The child's neighborhood came out en mass in support of him.

You CANNOT correct a severely autistic person's behavior by punishing him. It doesn't work, just like Riceme said. They would never understand. I have never worked with the developmentally disabled, so I can't speak to that.

I have been behavior modification plans work successfully, but that was most often in cases of adults or adolescents with personality disorders and no (or very mild) contributing Axis I illness (schizpohrenia, bipolar DO, major depressive DO, and so on.)

These days, Riceme, behavior plans are based on reinforcing positive behaviors rather than punishing bad behaviors. I've witnessed this transition come about over the last ten years. I was glad to see it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Euthanize this woman.   Euthanize this woman. Empty

Back to top Go down

Euthanize this woman.
Page 1 of 1