Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart Empty
PostSubject: It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart   It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 6:37 pm

After flipping his sprint car 5 times last week... "You mortals have got to learn,” Stewart said after finishing ninth in a NASCAR race at Pocono Raceway on Sunday. “You guys need to watch more sprint car videos and stuff. It was not a big deal. It’s starting to get annoying this week about that, so that was just an average sprint car wreck. When they wreck, they get upside down like that. That was not a big deal.”"  Tony Stewart said that when he wrecked his sprint car.

This week, he crashed again in a sprint car and broke his right tibia and fibula.  Anybody say "mortals"?

So, this week he did this...
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart   It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:02 pm

A tibia break is nothing to joke about. I broke mine in half (up at the top, where it's real fat) about 14-years ago, then again about 5-yrs ago by simply walking down the hall. He won't be such a comedian anymore.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart   It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:14 am

I broke my right one in 88 just above my ankle.. I never missed a day of work and drove the day after I broke it using my left foot for everything.. The worst part was the cast from toes to crotch..
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart   It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:18 am

Jake92 wrote:
I broke my right one in 88 just above my ankle..  I never missed a day of work and drove the day after I broke it using my left foot for everything..  The worst part was the cast from toes to crotch..

That's a good point... it depends on where he broke it and what kind of a break it was. You got lucky, Jake... you broke yours down at the skinny part. I'd imagine since he broke it with his fibula, his is also at the skinny part. Too bad... sounds like he desperately needed a lesson in not acting like a jackass.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart   It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:33 am

Tony is really a nice guy.. Put yourself in his position of having a microphone shoved in your face after some idiot just wrecked you, costing you thousands of $.. Kyle Busch is also a really nice guy off of the track.. I saw him spend 45 minutes with a 6 yr old downs syndrom child and it was NEVER publicized.. Kyle gve him hats, t-shirts, a racing jacket, and other things he had in his trailer.. Damn Chase Elliott turned and walked away from the same child and hid in his trailer.. He didn't even give him an autograph.. That all happened 3 days before the race when the drivers were just practicing and the crews adjusting the cars.. TV only shows you what they want you to see, while going to the tracks allows you to see the real person.. It's interesting seeing drivers who just had a big disagreement eating together at some restaurant like they are great friends.. LOL
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart   It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:44 am

Good points. I don't follow NASCAR or any other competitive sport, except for UFC, so I don't know much about these people. Still... you gotta admit that he sounds like a real dick when he says "You *mortals* gotta learn..." as if he's better than the rest of us or something.

Sorry Jake, it just really sticks in my craw when people think that they are above others for any reason. It's a hard one to get over.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart   It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 4:36 pm

Tony underwent surgery to repair the break and he has only made arrangements for a replacement driver for the Watkins Glen race this weekend. He says he will be back for the race at Michgan the following week.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart   It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 6:36 pm

riceme wrote:
Good points. I don't follow NASCAR or any other competitive sport, except for UFC, so I don't know much about these people. Still... you gotta admit that he sounds like a real dick when he says "You *mortals* gotta learn..." as if he's better than the rest of us or something.

Sorry Jake, it just really sticks in my craw when people think that they are above others for any reason. It's a hard one to get over.

I didn't take his comment as elitist... I think he was trying to be funny and make light of the crash... maybe some good ol' boy bravado.  It kinda backfired on 'em Cool 
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart   It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 7:58 pm

Eric wrote:
riceme wrote:

I didn't take his comment as elitist... I think he was trying to be funny and make light of the crash... maybe some good ol' boy bravado.  It kinda backfired on 'em Cool 

Ahhh, I see. I didn't take it that way at all, but now that you mention it that makes more sense than being a world class dickhead (I hope, anyways). I kept thinking, "What kind of an asshole *says* shit like that???" Teehee!
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart   It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:13 pm

He meant it for the media people that asked him about the recent wrecks he's been in before getting hurt, NOT towards the fans.. It's the same media people asking the same questions trying to get different answers.. Tony does NOT have the opinion that he's above everybody else, but he's just ahard working guy who's very blessed to love driving fast and is lucky enough to have his ;passion as his job..
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart   It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Jake92 wrote:
He meant it for the media people that asked him about the recent wrecks he's been in before getting hurt, NOT towards the fans..  It's the same media people asking the same questions trying to get different answers..  Tony does NOT have the opinion that he's above everybody else, but he's just ahard working guy who's very blessed to love driving fast and is lucky enough to have his ;passion as his job..

That's cool, coming from someone (meaning myself) who has a particular disdain for the media. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart   It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart Empty

Back to top Go down

It's starting to get annoying... talking about wrecks no big deal... Tony Stewart
Page 1 of 1