Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The president of this bank should be "taken out to the woodshed".

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

The president of this bank should be "taken out to the woodshed". Empty
PostSubject: The president of this bank should be "taken out to the woodshed".   The president of this bank should be "taken out to the woodshed". EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Bank Wrongfully Repossesses Ohio Woman Katie
Barnett's Home, Refuses To Pay Her Back
Link to article

The president of this bank should be "taken out to the woodshed". OwnedOhio resident Katie Barnett is understandably furious after she came home from a two-week trip only to find her house had been accidentally repossessed.

Barnett became suspicious of something when her key would no longer open her door. She was forced to crawl through a window into her house. Once inside, she saw that everything was gone.

Barnett soon found out that First National Bank in Wellston, Ohio had accidentally repossessed her home.
“They repossessed my house on accident, thinking it was the house across the street,” Barnett said. “They told me that the GPS led them to my house. My grass hadn’t been mowed and they just assumed.”

As if having all of your belongings taken from you isn’t bad enough, Barnett says the bank is now refusing to pay her back enough money to replace her items, most of which have been thrown away or sold by the bank.

Barnett estimated that she would need $18,000 to replace her belongings, but the bank won’t pay up.

“[The bank president] got very firm with me and said, ‘We’re not paying you retail here, that’s just the way it is,’” Barnett said. “I did not tell them to come in my house and make me an offer. They took my stuff and I want it back.

“Now, I’m just angry,” Barnett said. “It wouldn’t be a big deal if they would step up and say ‘I’m sorry, we will replace your stuff.’ Instead, I’m getting attitude from them. They’re sarcastic when they talk to me. They make it sound like I’m trying to rip the bank off. All I want is my stuff back.”

Ohio news station 10-TV tried to reach someone from First National Bank for comment, but no one could be reached.

The story is developing, but if the bank doesn’t pay up, they may find a lawsuit coming their way asking for a lot more than $18,000.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

The president of this bank should be "taken out to the woodshed". Empty
PostSubject: Re: The president of this bank should be "taken out to the woodshed".   The president of this bank should be "taken out to the woodshed". EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 2:54 am

I would go above that bank president's head and make sure he gets all of the bad publicity he deserves and hopefully he eventually gets fired from the bank.. If nothing is done within 24 hours, the entire bank deserves the bad publicity..
Back to top Go down

The president of this bank should be "taken out to the woodshed".
Page 1 of 1