Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Image uploading practice page

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Image uploading practice page Empty
PostSubject: Image uploading practice page   Image uploading practice page EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:51 am

This is a picture of a small part of my front garden. This was the year the idiot came to my house in the night and cut most of the Gloriosa (the large orange and brown) daisies with scissors.

I didn't plant any Gloriosas this year. Because the others were stolen before they could seed, I had no re-seedings either. I haven't planted Gloriosas in years. They came up on their own. But not this year.

I do have a few plants in my greenhouse that I grew from seeds I had harvested. I'm still debating whether or not to plant them in the garden.

Image uploading practice page 12-12-12
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Image uploading practice page   Image uploading practice page EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 11:00 am

Sounds like it is time to run some electric cattle fencing!!!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Image uploading practice page   Image uploading practice page EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 11:09 am

I saw this bird on my feeder yesterday and I don't think I have seen one of these before.  It had a black body with a golden-brown hood.  Anybody got an idea what he is?

Image uploading practice page Bird10
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Image uploading practice page   Image uploading practice page EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:13 am

Image uploading practice page Common_grackle_3
Common Grackle
Immature

• Overall dull, dark brown
  • Straight, pointed, and heavy dark bill
  • Pale brown iris becoming yellow as bird approaches adulthood
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Image uploading practice page   Image uploading practice page EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:49 am

Way off Teo.....   This one is it.......  It is the male of the species.
Image uploading practice page Bird4
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Image uploading practice page   Image uploading practice page EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:55 am

I wonder what happened to the picture of flowers I posted? It's not coming through this morning.  I noticed that yesterday on several other posts. The pictures were missing.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Image uploading practice page   Image uploading practice page EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:32 am

Melissa (PB) wrote:
I wonder what happened to the picture of flowers I posted? It's not coming through this morning.  I noticed that yesterday on several other posts. The pictures were missing.

I see the flowers just fine... That pic in the first post in this thread?
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Image uploading practice page   Image uploading practice page EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:56 am

I still can't see the picture, and yesterday I couldn't see the picture of the grackle TEO posted. I don't know what's going on.

We had two unexplainable power outages yesterday that last about 20 minutes each. The power company couldn't explain it.

Yesterday morning, before the power outages, two of our computers were running very slowly. I couldn't acccess EDP for about a minute. Our new laptop was working just fine, and it's on the same network. I hope we don't have a virus......!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Image uploading practice page   Image uploading practice page EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:19 pm

PB, I can see your pictures, but more often than not I cannot see attachments or video links at all anymore since the new push from Forumotion, and have to click "Reply" to the post then copy the link and paste it into a browser window to see whatever was posted. It's pretty irritating.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Image uploading practice page   Image uploading practice page EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:04 pm

Melissa (PB) wrote:
I still can't see the picture, and yesterday I couldn't see the picture of the grackle TEO posted. I don't know what's going on.

We had two unexplainable power outages yesterday that last about 20 minutes each. The power company couldn't explain it.

Yesterday morning, before the power outages, two of our computers were running very slowly. I couldn't acccess EDP for about a minute. Our new laptop was working just fine, and it's on the same network. I hope we don't have a virus......!

PB, were the outages just at your house, or did your neighbors have trouble too?  Are you using an uninterruptible power supply (UPS)?

I haven't had very good luck with battery life on those dadgum things, but some people swear by 'em.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Image uploading practice page   Image uploading practice page EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 5:11 pm

Eric, I didn't check with the the neighbors, so I don't know if their power went out or not. And no, we're not using a UPS (although we should.)

I'm sorry I missed this post, Eric.

This is the first time we've had that type of power outage since we had our meter changed over a year ago. Yes, I know there's not supposed to be a connection.  Very Happy 

Before we had the meter changed (and before I reported Gulf Power to the Public Service Commission), we had power outages and brown-outs several times a week. Perhaps they did something good to the wires when they changed the meter; I don't know.

Anyhoo, we haven't had a power outage since June 21.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Image uploading practice page   Image uploading practice page EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 5:22 pm

Might be a good idea to obtain a cheap digital multimeter. Use it to keep a eye on the Voltage to your home . You may be very surprised how much it can vary. They are very cheap and your Husband might already have one. Just a idea.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Image uploading practice page   Image uploading practice page EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 8:21 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Might be a good idea to obtain a cheap digital multimeter.  Use it to keep a eye on  the Voltage to your home .  You may be very surprised how much it can vary.   They are very cheap and your Husband might already have one.  Just a idea.

Thanks, HMG. I'll ask him about it.

We've been fortunate not to have any problems except the one I mentioned ever since we had the meter changed. Our power bill went down considerably, too. Gulf Power claims no knowledge of doing anything other than changing our meter, but something changed, and it wasn't anything related to our regular power usage.

I suspect it may have been a problem at one of the local sub-stations or with the wiring in the neighborhood. I may not have been the only complainant. I don't think GP will ever own up to it, though. I do find it sad that I had to report them to the Public Service Commission before anything was done.

The Great Gulf Power Mystery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Image uploading practice page   Image uploading practice page Empty

Back to top Go down

Image uploading practice page
Page 1 of 1