Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blue Kitty

Go down 
+2
Eric
riceme
6 posters
AuthorMessage
riceme

riceme

Blue Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Blue Kitty   Blue Kitty EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi, friends.

Sad news.

It looks like I have lost Blue Kitty to predation out here in the boonies. She's been gone for over 34-hrs now and has never been gone for more than a couple hours at a time before. I feel more guilt than anything else right now, as this is the life I have chosen for myself and my animal-family, and it was only the end of this month last year that I lost my beloved Kitty.

Not to sound callous, but I only had Blue since 28 December 2012 and I had Kitty for 16-years and their temperaments were radically different -- Blue was half-wild and Kitty was as sweet and loving as you could imagine -- I was far, far more attached to Kitty than to Blue. Blue hurt me when she played with me, and when she did I would think to myself that she was hardly meant to be inside, but was meant to be a "barn cat," or an outdoor-only cat. Plus, Kitty was killed by my resident bobcat right in front of my eyes, who very well could have preyed upon Blue as well. I am primarily a logical-thinker, not an emotional-thinker, and those are the primary reasons why guilt is my primary emotion right now... feeling that I might should have done more to protect her.

When I told my friend that my resident bobcat could well have killed Blue as well he suggested that I call Animal Control to have the animal put down or trapped. I explained to him that I would never, ever do that and that immediately after the bobcat killed my sweet Kitty, I vowed to kill it. I was going to shoot it. After I calmed down several days later I remembered that I had consciously chosen this life for myself and my animal-family, that Kitty was both a predator and prey, that she was 16 and did not likely have very many good years left. I know it may sound cold to those who might not understand my lifestyle, but I would much rather she went quickly and relatively painlessly as she did than for her to suffer painfully in the end and to have had to make the excruciating decision to have her put down. He understood after my explanation, which I was glad for. Blue was so young, only about a year old, so again with the guilt. Crying or Very sad

Like my sweet Kitty when I lost her, at this point I only wish that I could find her so I could bury her, but I know that is not in the cards. Whatever got her carried her away and I'll never find whatever remains might be left. That is the way of the world that I live in.

My folks have barn cats (two are left out of a litter of six) and when I told her she said that theirs disappear for days at a time then return fat and happy, and said that Blue very well might do the same. But as I said, she has never been gone for more than a couple hours before and it's been about 1-1/2 days. I have accepted it, but would be overjoyed if she did wander home, of course. Still, I'll leave the doors at home for who knows how long...

Cherish each moment that you have with your animal-family members. They are precious.

My love to you all and your animal-family members.

Melissa, Az & HG: Thank you all for your kind words, love and support. I don't know what I would do without any of you.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Blue Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Kitty   Blue Kitty EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:06 am

So sorry to hear about Blue kitty. Your consideration for other predators is spot-on, though. If the bobcat was the culprit, there was no animosity... just natural predation... an action of survival.

Peace be with you.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Blue Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Kitty   Blue Kitty EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 2:57 pm

Eric wrote:
So sorry to hear about Blue kitty. Your consideration for other predators is spot-on, though. If the bobcat was the culprit, there was no animosity... just natural predation... an action of survival.

Peace be with you.

As Riceme already knows, I agree with you.

No sign of Blue Kitty yet, eh? I am so sad for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
riceme

riceme

Blue Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Kitty   Blue Kitty EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Eric wrote:

Peace be with you.

Thank you so much, Eric. I much appreciate your kindness, thoughts & wishes of peace.

Also, it makes me happy that you understand my feelings and convictions about the bobcat (and other predators as well, of course). I don't believe that a whole lot of people that don't live the lifestyle I do would truly get that.

After speaking with Az and after emailing with Melissa (PB) about it at some length the guilt has subsided significantly and I am far more at peace with what happened. As I have previously stated, this is the life I have chosen for both myself and for my animal family members and as painful as it is they are prey just as much as are predators, or perhaps even moreso, and I do have respect for that in nature. Blue was not long for this world but she was happy and I can find joy and peace in that knowledge.

The worst part now is how quiet, empty and lonesome the house feels. Blue was a talker... constant kitty jibber-jabber from that one! And she was *loud* to boot. Wink

I am so grateful for you all... it seems that this entire forum is populated by animal lovers, and I really love that about this hangout. You all are special in my life.

May Blue Kitty be at peace in little, tinsey kitty heaven (she was only 8-1/2 - 9-lbs... just a lil' bit of a thing!)... and may there be good and happy hunting grounds for her there. cat

Blue Kitty 28Dec2012_NewBlueKitty

Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Blue Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Kitty   Blue Kitty EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Melissa (PB) wrote:
Eric wrote:

Peace be with you.

As Riceme already knows, I agree with you.

No sign of Blue Kitty yet, eh? I am so sad for you.

No ma'am. She is gone, sweetie. I know it in my gut and in my heart... I have accepted it.

Melissa, your words in the emails we exchanged comforted me more than I can express to you. Thank you so much for supporting me, understanding and for your kind and loving thoughts and words.

I love you, sweet friend. I love you
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Blue Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Kitty   Blue Kitty EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:50 pm

Sometimes we are blessed, even with the short time that our pets give us. We love them. We miss them. It hurts when they are gone from our lives. But their memory remains with us forever. They are never really gone. Peace Riceme......
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Blue Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Kitty   Blue Kitty EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:57 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Sometimes we are blessed, even with the short time that our pets give us. We love them. We miss them. It hurts when they are gone from our lives. But their memory remains with us forever. They are never really gone. Peace Riceme......

You are so very right... You speak the truth here, sir.

Thank you for your sweet and insightful thoughts and words, and your wishes of peace. I love you
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Blue Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Kitty   Blue Kitty EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 10:44 pm

so sorry riceme.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Blue Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Kitty   Blue Kitty EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 10:58 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
so sorry riceme.

Thank you, Miss Maroni. I appreciate it. I love you
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Blue Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Kitty   Blue Kitty EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:30 am

I'm sooooooo sorry Ricey..  I'm sure Blue have a very happy life full of the love you gave her, and wouldn't change anything if she possibly could...  I still miss my Gizmo who died in 1995 after he picked up his head, licked my hand, wagged his tail, put his head down and died with a smile on his face...  I still feel his presence occasionally..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Blue Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Kitty   Blue Kitty EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:13 pm

Jake wrote:
I'm sooooooo sorry Ricey..  I'm sure Blue have a very happy life full of the love you gave her, and wouldn't change anything if she possibly could...  I still miss my Gizmo who died in 1995 after he picked up his head, licked my hand, wagged his tail, put his head down and died with a smile on his face...  I still feel his presence occasionally..

Damn, man.  That just made me tear up...
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

Blue Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Kitty   Blue Kitty EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:17 am

Gizmo was a very special once in a lifetime dog that can never be replaced..  I'm sure Blue was very special to Ricey also..
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Blue Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Kitty   Blue Kitty EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:14 am

Thank you, Jake. You are very right... Blue Kitty was very special to me even though I did not have her for very long and had not bonded with her in the very intense way that I had with my dear, sweet Miss Kitty who I lost nearly a year ago now.

My home has already become inundated with mice since I've lost her... I'd called and left a message for my daddy to call me back on Father's Day and when he did and I answered the phone I was in the middle of killing a mouse in the garage with the had of a shovel. He asked, "What in the *hell* are you doing, Molie?!!" I told him I was killing a damned mouse and he responded that I needed a kitty. I immediately choked-up and asked him if Mama had told him that I'd lost Blue. He said that she had, and how terribly sorry he was to hear that I'd lost my buddy and my fierce hunter, and asked when I was going to get another kitty. I told him that I just don't have it in my heart to get another kitty right now... even if it was a barn cat who was strictly an outside cat. I cannot help but to love and snuggle with my kitties, and the loss of my sweet Miss Kitty still breaks my heart after a year. Then losing Blue-Blue (or, "Boo-Boo," as I often affectionately referred to her)... it's just too much.

My Great Auntie Alba taught me many years ago that diet soda kills mice and rats, so I bought a diet soda yesterday at the market and have set-out some dishes of it in the garage to kill the nasty little rodents. Scary, considering how many HUMANS actually drink the stuff and what it undoubtedly does to *their* bodies! I have used diet soda to kill mice & rats before when I lived up in Humboldt, and it is frighteningly effective.

>^.^<

*meow*
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Blue Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Kitty   Blue Kitty EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:55 am

I wish I could give you one of my kitties, but they are declawed, so they wouldn't be very good as hunter/providers..  Rusty would probably run away and hide if he saw a mouse..  LOL
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Blue Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Kitty   Blue Kitty EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:48 am

Pee Wee says "  I dont know if you need any of my kind folks but we can put those cats to shame when it come to hunting rats.  I sometimes times spend days outside when I find one in our area.,  I have written about it before.  As a matter of fact i am on the trail of one right now.  We are good people. We did not get our name, Rat Terrier,  for nothing.  Wish I was there to help you. Got to to go. Duty calls.  ps  Us ladys get the job done, nome for much for the guys, but you already know how lazy men are.
Blue Kitty La0lv
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Blue Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Kitty   Blue Kitty EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:37 pm

Jake: Haha... Thanks, but you are right, not only are declawed kitties not good hunters, but more importantly it is dangerous for them to live out where I do because they cannot defend themselves at all against predators.

HG: I've no doubt that your doggies are good hunters (I've read their stories!), but "them's fightin' words!" My kitties were the most fierce hunters around! Wink

XOXO,
Rice Cakes
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Blue Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Kitty   Blue Kitty EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:41 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Pee Wee says "  I dont know if you need any of my kind folks but we can put those cats to shame when it come to hunting rats.  I sometimes times spend days outside when I find one in our area.,  I have written about it before.  As a matter of fact i am on the trail of one right now.  We are good people. We did not get our name, Rat Terrier,  for nothing.  Wish I was there to help you. Got to to go. Duty calls.  ps  Us ladys get the job done, nome for much for the guys, but you already know how lazy men are.
Blue Kitty La0lv

Buddy says PeeWee needs to check in on her forum. Paige and Buddy are planning some sort of mischief, but I don't know if it includes rat-hunting. Buddy leaves that to Belle around here.

Riceme, another cat will find YOU. Wait and see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Blue Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Kitty   Blue Kitty Empty

Back to top Go down

Blue Kitty
Page 1 of 1