Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interesting (to me anyway)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Interesting (to me anyway) Empty
PostSubject: Interesting (to me anyway)   Interesting (to me anyway) EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 6:38 pm

http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/the-isolated-vocal-track-of-freddie-mercury-and-david-bowie
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Interesting (to me anyway)   Interesting (to me anyway) EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:04 pm

Strange pic of Frank Zappa. Maybe he was cultivating his dental floss.

Interesting (to me anyway) Rock-Roll-Frank-Zappa
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Interesting (to me anyway)   Interesting (to me anyway) EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Frank Zappa's music was "unique". He was a smart man.

Some of his quotes:

Quote :
“So many books, so little time.”

“If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.”

“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”

“The United States is a nation of laws, badly written and randomly enforced.”

“I'm vile and perverted.
I'm obsessed and deranged.
I've existed for years but very little has changed.
I'm the tool of the government and industry too.
For I'm destined to rule and regulate you.
You may think I'm pernicious, but you can't look away.
I'll make you think I'm delicious with the stuff that I say.
I'm the best you can get... have you guessed me yet?
I'm the slime oozing out of your TV set....”

“Anybody who wants religion is welcome to it, as far as I'm concerned--I support your right to enjoy it. However, I would appreciate it if you exhibited more respect for the rights of those people who do not wish to share your dogma, rapture, or necrodestination.”

“The most important thing to do in your life is to not interfere with somebody else's life.”

“The most important thing in art is The Frame. For painting: literally; for other arts: figuratively-- because, without this humble appliance, you can't know where The Art stops and The Real World begins. You have to put a 'box' around it because otherwise, what is that shit on the wall?”

“[Lighting a cigarette] Well, I'm not here to impinge on anybody else's lifestyle. If I'm in a place where I know I'm going to harm somebody's health or somebody asks me to please not smoke, I just go outside and smoke. But I do resent the way the nonsmoking mentality has been imposed on the smoking minority. Because, first of all, in a democracy, minorities do have rights. And, second, the whole pitch about smoking has gone from being a health issue to a moral issue, and when they reduce something to a moral issue, it has no place in any kind of legislation, as far as I'm concerned.”

“A drug is neither moral nor immoral--it's a chemical compound. The compound itself is not a menace to society until a human being treats it as if consumption bestowed a temporary license to act like an asshole.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting (to me anyway)   Interesting (to me anyway) Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting (to me anyway)
Page 1 of 1