Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation

Go down 
+3
riceme
Eric
Melissa
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation   Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 11:53 am

riceme wrote:
I lean more toward Deadliest Catch, Bering Sea Gold, Ax Men, Ice Road Truckers,... Oh, and I do like Alaska State Troopers, all though I haven't watched it since I moved home from Kansas.
I like Deadliest Catch, Axe Men, two gold shows (cannot remember names, Yukon Gold?  Jungle Gold?), Ice Road Truckers, but Christine isn't into Alaska State Troopers or I'd watch it too.  I get claustrophobia when I see people diving under ice, lol.

I like the Stargate SG1 stuff, Warehouse13, Eureka, Sanctuary, Fringe, Vikings, but I haven't seen any Breaking Bad... wish I had seen that from the beginning.  Christine likes the Touch series.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation   Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 12:49 pm

I like the various gold, auction, lumberjack, ice road trucker, and deadliest catch shows, but my favorite by far is Duck Dynasty.....
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation   Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:11 pm

No PB, it's *Longmire,* not Whitmire. Wink It's available on Hulu.

I normally hate cop shows, which I imagine is why Christine doesn't like Alaska State Troopers, but it is not like any cop show I've been forced to watch by evil men in my life, lol. It is really good (for what it is, you know).

Vikings is SO great and I've now watched the series twice and am looking forward to next season now that they're going to reup. OH! Another good one is Mountain Men. I started watching it because my cousin's best friend is on it, and now I really like it.

What the heck is Duck Dynasty?? It sounds like a cartoon!
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation   Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:54 pm

Race drivers and crew members are required to wear nomex clothes once they get above the local track levels..
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation   Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 6:02 pm

Ricey, Duck Dynasty is on A&E about a family in West Monroe, Louisiana that makes duck calls and associated things for a business.. It was started by Phil, who was a quarterback in college and saw a flock of ducks fly over and quit on the spot and started hunting ducks.. Terry Bradshaw was his backup.. After years of making duck calls and things for deer hunters, one of his sons took over the business with other relatives and friends as workers.. They made and sold DVDs for duck, and deer hunters until A&E put them on TV and the rest is history.. Almost all of them have long beards.. The weekly shows end with the family at the dinner table with Phil saying the blessing.. A&E asked them to cut out the prayer at the end of the show and the family said "we will quit right now if we have to cut out the prayer". They still have the prayer! :-) Uncle Si is the biggest part of the comedy part of the show.. He is actually retired from the army and spent time in Viet Nam.. They are all millionaires from the business and show.. The wives are all "city girls" except for Phil's wife who was one of the local girls from LA..
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation   Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 7:44 am

Are we supposed to stay on topic, Eric? Phooey!

I just found one on Netflix that cracks me up. "Outrageous Fortune" It's filmed in New Zealand and their expressions are priceless. One example is they call a toilet the "gobler".

Don't know if it's anywhere but Netflix, but Melissa, you should check it out.

Oh, and ugh, I like Chris Christie too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation   Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:02 am

Topic, schmopic. As long as we're having good conversations, I don't care.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation   Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 2:27 pm

Nor do I , darlin!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation   Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:30 pm

Well, I might have to check out Duck Dynasty... might be entertaining!
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation   Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 8:20 am

There are a few books written by Phil and Willie Robertson telling thier story..   Wal Mart even carries them..  LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation   Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gov. Chris Christie's appeal rises above polarized nation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2