Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East... Empty
PostSubject: Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East...   Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East... EmptyWed May 22, 2013 5:38 pm

Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East... Gay10

From PNJ:

Quote :
It’s only mid-week, but tents are already lining Pensacola Beach at Park East as people stake out their spots for what could be the beach’s biggest LGBT weekend ever.

Prime spots on the beach are either sectioned off with yellow tape or already covered with tents, beach chairs, umbrellas and rainbow flags for the weekend party that will attract tens of thousands of members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. The annual bash is held in the days leading up to Memorial Day.

Jennifer O’Bryan of Louisville, Ky., who has been coming for Memorial Day weekend for five years, said she comes for the girls and the drinks.

“It’s crazy and it’s fun,” O’Bryan said. “And you see some stuff that you don’t see anywhere else, that’s for sure.”

She and some friends set up a tent Monday morning at Park East to beat the crowds and were out again today just enjoying the sand and sunshine.

“We normally would come down Wednesday, but as you can see, it’s already getting packed,” said her friend, Jamie Metro, of Louisville, Ky. “So we started coming down on Mondays.”

Robert Wingerter of Pensacola, who has been coming to the Memorial Day celebration for 10 years, was getting his tent set up this afternoon.

“So far, it’s kind of quiet and peaceful,” Wingerter said. “Later on, it won’t be.”

Wingerter said he’s hoping that the number of tents already set up means that this year’s Memorial Day weekend will be bigger than ever.

“It should be a lot of fun, a lot of people,” Wingerter said. “Just being here, enjoying ourselves, relaxing (and) being able to just be around other like-minded people that enjoy coming out and enjoying the beach.”
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East...   Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East... EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:24 pm

Time to head out in the opposite direction.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East...   Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East... EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:49 pm

At least they don't leave a big mess like the kids from Mobile!!!!! I avoid the beach on both weekends..
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East...   Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East... EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:04 pm

It's not the group...it is the sheer mass of people that make it unenjoyable on the beach....then there is the hour plus wait to get through the toll booth. I agree that the Mobile kids are the worst for what they leave behind.

Last edited by SheSurfs on Thu May 23, 2013 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Over 50 now making unforgivable typing errors.)
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East...   Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East... EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:06 pm

I didn't know you could CAMP on Pensacola Beach.

Do you think anybody could camp there at any time?

Or, is it just for Memorial Day Weekend?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East...   Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East... EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:10 pm

I was wondering the same thing, Eric.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East...   Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East... EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:12 pm

I have no idea. You can just pitch a tent and leave if the cops ask you to... It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission sometimes.. LOL
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East...   Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East... EmptyThu May 23, 2013 3:57 pm

I was on pbeach the very first time that this happened on memorial day and lived at villas on the gulf until 1997. In that time this group was the most vile lewd group of people i have ever witnessed including major pop festivals of the sixties.

While certainly they are not all that way enough come to take advantage of liberal law enforcement. Public sex is the norm not the exception. And yes it has really hurt pbeach's image as a family friendly beach.

I know i was there! So i respectfully disagree yes it is the group.

The mobile trash is another story Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East...   Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East... Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to head out to Pensacola Beach's Park East...
Page 1 of 1