Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Angelina Jolie makes the right decision... has Double Mastectomy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Angelina Jolie makes the right decision... has Double Mastectomy Empty
PostSubject: Angelina Jolie makes the right decision... has Double Mastectomy   Angelina Jolie makes the right decision... has Double Mastectomy EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:47 am

Quote :
LOS ANGELES — Angelina Jolie says that she has had a preventive double mastectomy after learning she carried a gene that made it extremely likely she would get breast cancer.

The Oscar-winning actress and partner to Brad Pitt made the announcement in the form of an op-ed she authored for today's New York Times under the headline, "My Medical Choice." She writes that between early February and late April she completed three months of surgical procedures to remove both breasts.

Jolie, 37, writes that she made the choice with thoughts of her six children after watching her own mother, actress Marcheline Bertrand, die too young from cancer.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Angelina Jolie makes the right decision... has Double Mastectomy   Angelina Jolie makes the right decision... has Double Mastectomy EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Good for her! As I understand it, she had an 87% chance of developing breast cancer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Angelina Jolie makes the right decision... has Double Mastectomy   Angelina Jolie makes the right decision... has Double Mastectomy EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:04 am

Not only that, since her mother died of ovarian cancer she is also going to have her ovaries removed to lessen her chance of ovarian cancer also.

Since removing the ovaries will bring about the onset of menopause, I feel sorry for Brad......... Smile

But all in all, I believe that she is making the best decision given her family history and her carrying the BRCA1 gene.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Angelina Jolie makes the right decision... has Double Mastectomy   Angelina Jolie makes the right decision... has Double Mastectomy EmptyThu May 16, 2013 8:04 am

I hope it was the right decision for her and I wish her the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angelina Jolie makes the right decision... has Double Mastectomy   Angelina Jolie makes the right decision... has Double Mastectomy Empty

Back to top Go down

Angelina Jolie makes the right decision... has Double Mastectomy
Page 1 of 1