Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill?   Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:01 am

Has anyone eaten at the Rodizio Grill on Gregory? If they have, is it authentic or will I be disappointed. I want to try it out but after eating authentic Brazilian cuisine for the past few years I don't want to spend money on a meal then leave with that disappointed feeling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill?   Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:08 am

Johndough wrote:
Has anyone eaten at the Rodizio Grill on Gregory? If they have, is it authentic or will I be disappointed. I want to try it out but after eating authentic Brazilian cuisine for the past few years I don't want to spend money on a meal then leave with that disappointed feeling.

Have not tried it yet but do have intentions to do so. I have talked to some that have eaten there and they said that it was good, though a bit pricey.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill?   Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 pm

Johndough wrote:

The only Brazilian restaurant I have eaten at was in Atlanta. How about you eating at Rodizio and telling us if it is authentic or not? If you don't like it, Ghost_Rider will pick up the tab... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill?   Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:18 pm

I think that I will eat there and make an unbiased judgement. Livia is a great cook, we eat mostly food from the northeast where there was a large African and Indian population. I have eaten in the churrasco restaurants in Brazil and wasn't to impressed. The best churrasco is either from get togethers or on the street from street vendors at the local bars.
Back to top Go down
AuntieChrist

AuntieChrist

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill?   Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill? 800px-10

I just had to look up churrasco because I had no idea what it was. Sounds delicious though I'm not a huge meat eater. I'd go for the chicken legs in the pic and the bread.
Those big flat skewers are the type used in the Middle East to grill chicken and beef too. They are hard to find here. I'd like to get some. Can only find the little round skewers which are pretty much useless as the contents fall off them.

Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill?   Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:04 am

In Brazil, this is a typical churrasco, I have one just like it. Casa Bahia sells them for about $30.00. The meat second from the left is Picanha, probably the most delicious and tender part of a steer. You can buy it online here in the States but it is expensive. Also, in brazil they use no starter fluid and the charcoal is natural wood. I find that it gives the meat better taste.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill?   Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Johndough wrote:
In Brazil, this is a typical churrasco, I have one just like it. Casa Bahia sells them for about $30.00. The meat second from the left is Picanha, probably the most delicious and tender part of a steer. You can buy it online here in the States but it is expensive. Also, in brazil they use no starter fluid and the charcoal is natural wood. I find that it gives the meat better taste.

I don't like the taste of starter fluid either. I use a Webber Charcoal Chimney (shown below) and to light it, I cut long 2-3" wide paper strips off the charcoal bag and wind them up like a jelly roll and place them under the Chimney, lighting it from below. That works real good and helps recycle the paper. Once the charcoal gets going, I dump the coals in the grill and put Hickory firewood on top of the hot coals. Here in Hoover (near Birmingham) we have lots of hickory trees that grow in the uplands. That's unusual as many hickory trees grow in wetter areas. (I digress)

The cheaper black charcoal chimney lighters are just that... cheap... and they don't last very long. Also, they're not as big as the Webber and don't seem to hold much charcoal.

Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill? Chimne10
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill?   Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:55 pm

Man, I love grilled food. Haven't had it since today. There are only two of us, so I use a little Weber... I think it's a 'Smokey Joe Jr.'. Nuthin' but newspaper and recycled vegetable oil to light mesquite lump charcoal from Sam's. Would love to get a cold-smoker, or make one... just wish we had a reliable supply of good smokin' wood. Shame how many pecan trees we lost in Ivan......
Back to top Go down
polecat

polecat

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill?   Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 3:33 pm

Like everything else in pensacola its not quite up to the mark.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill?   Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill? EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 3:24 pm

polecat wrote:
Like everything else in pensacola its not quite up to the mark.

Just are there I thought it was pretty good!
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill?   Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:59 pm

I've never been to Brazil, so I have nothing to compare it to.. I've been there 5-6 times and loved it. I guess it's just like any food based on a foreign country/culture, and it's Americanized.

I've talked with quite a few Italian flight students and they all said Franco's is the best and most authentic Italian food, just like mama makes. I also worked with a few people that were stationed in Italy and they all like Franco's.. Other people on the old forum said they didn't like it.. I guess it all depends on what YOU think is good and what you grew up with.. Some people think NY City has the best pizza and others say Chicago pizza is the best..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill?   Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone tried the Rodizio Grill?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Hobbies and Personal Interests :: What's Cooking?-
Jump to: