Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Band - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

The Band - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down Empty
PostSubject: The Band - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down   The Band - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:57 pm

They wrote this song. Many people remember Joan Baez singing this (like at Woodstock).

The lead is sung by Levon Helm, who died last year from a long bout with cancer.

This video is taken from the movie The Last Waltz. In my opinion, this is the best concert movie made.

The Last Waltz concert was on Thanksgiving Day, November 25, 1976, at Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco, and was their last official concert.

Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

The Band - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Band - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down   The Band - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down EmptySat May 04, 2013 7:18 am

I still love their music. "The Weight" is one of my personal anthems (of which I have many, as we all do!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com

The Band - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
Page 1 of 1