Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BobW

BobW

Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before. Empty
PostSubject: Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before.   Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before. EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 6:37 pm

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2012/05/75-years-since-the-hindenburg-disaster/100292/
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before.   Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before. EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 7:26 pm

My daddy knew a photographer that snapped photo #20... or at least one that looked just like it. He had a B/W print that was 8.5" x 11" but the photo disappeared when dad passed away. I guess one of the family "secured" it.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before.   Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before. EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Eric wrote:
My daddy knew a photographer that snapped photo #20... or at least one that looked just like it. He had a B/W print that was 8.5" x 11" but the photo disappeared when dad passed away. I guess one of the family "secured" it.

You need to pull out some of your Dad's stuff and show it to me.
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before.   Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before. EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:44 pm

BobW wrote:
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2012/05/75-years-since-the-hindenburg-disaster/100292/

Excellent photos, Bob
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before.   Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before. EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 3:28 am

Wow. Thank you for sharing that Bob.

I can never get over how many survivors of that tragedy there actually were... I have trouble making logical sense of it.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before.   Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before. EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 11:22 am

riceme wrote:

I can never get over how many survivors of that tragedy there actually were... I have trouble making logical sense of it.

Especially the guy in the bottom right of this photo. How on earth he got out of what is seen right behind him AND was still able to be running, is just phenomenal.

Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before. Surviv10

Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before.   Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before. EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Exactly... it makes me wonder how hot that fire actually burned. It must have been much lower than I think it was... much lower than a house fire or a common structure fire. Sure looks f'n scary as hell though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before.   Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before. Empty

Back to top Go down

Some photos of the Hindenberg disaster I had not seen before.
Page 1 of 1