Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tuning Up My Own Bike

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Tuning Up My Own Bike Empty
PostSubject: Tuning Up My Own Bike   Tuning Up My Own Bike EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 8:22 am

Spring has sprung and after an outrageous quote to have my bike readied for spring, i have decided to learn how to tune it up myself.

Any suggestions on what I should be sure to do or not do? I am hoping to find some good instructional videos online.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Up My Own Bike   Tuning Up My Own Bike EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Google Shelton Brown. http://sheldonbrown.com/ good place to start. Might think about replacing your chail if you have a lot of miles. they sell a chain checking tool pretty cheap. Tires ok? Might want to lubricate your wheels if it has been a long time. Changing brake pads is pretty straight forward, and make a big difference.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Up My Own Bike   Tuning Up My Own Bike EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Thanks so much, Hallmark! I am working on it this next week.

I will try not to say bad words. Shocked

Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Up My Own Bike   Tuning Up My Own Bike EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:10 pm

No problem. If you just give it a very detail cleaning you can spot what may be going bad.. A little bit of old time 3 in one oil goes a long way to lube brake pivot points, derailer Etc. Wal Mark has some cain lube in the auto section I use it . dont know if it for bicycles but it seems to beok. Do check your chain because it will wear out you sprockets when it gets stretched. A good chain breaker and New master link is a great thing to have, Buy a good one. the ones in Wal Mark will break in a heart beat. Parks or some other major brand. I use a master link called "Magic Link" Easy to put on and works well. Good Luck and happy cycling
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Up My Own Bike   Tuning Up My Own Bike EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:11 pm

HG, you have an e-mail.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Up My Own Bike   Tuning Up My Own Bike Empty

Back to top Go down

Tuning Up My Own Bike
Page 1 of 1