Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

So... How did you feel filing your taxes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eric

PostSubject: Re: So... How did you feel filing your taxes?   Sun May 26, 2013 8:06 pm

There are too many special interest lobbyists in Washington, D.C. for a flat-tax proposal to get serious consideration. Way too much money is greasing the palms of politicians.

PostSubject: Re: So... How did you feel filing your taxes?   Sun May 26, 2013 8:07 pm

I'm afraid Eric is right. It would take a Congress with some guts and honesty and a President willing to work with them.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: So... How did you feel filing your taxes?   Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:49 pm

Neko, I agree, but if I were younger and more idealistic I would take on the fight,

Perhaps someone else will hear our words............Sad

We can only hope.....Forbes was shot down.........let's try to smile.  It's "only" a quarterly check for nothing in return.  Smile

Last edited by stormwatch89 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: So... How did you feel filing your taxes?   Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:28 pm

A flat tax makes too much sense. The weasels wouldn't know what to do if the tax laws were fair.

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: So... How did you feel filing your taxes?   Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:45 pm

Eric wrote:
A flat tax makes too much sense.  The weasels wouldn't know what to do if the tax laws were fair.

Couldn't agree with y'all more. Ya know, I took a "vacation" trying to put some of this stuff into place. The vac didn't really help...I'm only more lost on the news, but the basic differences of opinion seem to be in place. God help us.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: So... How did you feel filing your taxes?   Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:56 am

This came in an email:

Stand with Rand

Sign the "END THE IRS"
Petition

I support Rand Paul's fight to end the IRS and agree to the notions that...

*** Studies already show, Washington, D.C.'s convoluted tax code exacts a high price on American citizens.

*** The IRS itself estimates that Americans spend 6.6 BILLION hours per year trying to comply with the tax code.

*** Other studies show Americans spend up to $168 BILLION dollars, - on top of the hundreds of billions they already pay in our sky-high tax rates - just to get their taxes done.

*** Too often, slick lobbyists succeed in cutting insider deals handing their own industries special favors. Thanks to this madness, Hollywood enjoys a $225 million tax break with write offs other American citizens and industries don't enjoy.

Fill out this form to sign your "END THE IRS" Petition.

Paid for by Rand Paul for Senate 2016

Rand2016

Not all of it copied, but I'm sure you can find it! I signed.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So... How did you feel filing your taxes?   Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:24 am

Done.

And here's the link:

http://www.rand-2016.com/ati.aspx?pid=0801f
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: So... How did you feel filing your taxes?   Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Thanks, dahlin!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So... How did you feel filing your taxes?   

Back to top Go down

So... How did you feel filing your taxes?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Politics-
Jump to: