Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Proposed law to allow a gun at a school

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Proposed law to allow a gun at a school Empty
PostSubject: Proposed law to allow a gun at a school   Proposed law to allow a gun at a school EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 1:12 pm

From the PNJ: http://www.pnj.com/viewart/20130328/NEWS02/303280025/Bill-may-allow-guns-in-schools

Proposed law to allow a gun at a school Bilde?Site=DP&Date=20130328&Category=NEWS02&ArtNo=303280025&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Bill-may-allow-guns-schools

Quote :
(The proposed law) gives principals the option to designate one or several school employees to carry concealed weapons. The designee would be required to complete the same training that bank and courthouse security guards complete in addition to the statewide firearms training. Principals could also decline the concealed weapons option altogether.

Proponents of the bill argued that since the state can’t afford to put a school resource officer on every campus, the gun legislation is a commonsense alternative.

I have mixed emotions about this proposed law. Do y'all think it is a good thing or what?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Proposed law to allow a gun at a school   Proposed law to allow a gun at a school EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 1:23 pm

I believe that it is a great idea if those designated have the proper use, training and safety of firearms handling.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Proposed law to allow a gun at a school   Proposed law to allow a gun at a school EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 2:20 pm

Look where those pistols are aimed.

One is aimed at the torso, one aimed for a knee shot, and one aimed for a head shot.

So much for sighting down the barrel, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Proposed law to allow a gun at a school   Proposed law to allow a gun at a school EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 3:41 pm

Eric wrote:

One is aimed at the torso, one aimed for a knee shot, and one aimed for a head shot.

Point of training is substantiated.........
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Proposed law to allow a gun at a school   Proposed law to allow a gun at a school EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 4:24 pm

It was most likely just a photo op where they were just asked to point it for a pic.. I hope that's what it was..
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Proposed law to allow a gun at a school   Proposed law to allow a gun at a school EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 5:13 pm

Yes...I like the idea. Many public middle and high schools have resource officers on campus but elementary and private schools do not. I see no harm in having a firearm available.

I would also like to see all school classrooms, lunchrooms, gyms and libraries have a silent alarm system.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Proposed law to allow a gun at a school   Proposed law to allow a gun at a school EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 9:58 pm

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:
Eric wrote:

Point of training is substantiated.........

I was going to make the same comment, and agree wholeheartedly w/GR's above comments here.

When I first started shooting pistols I was not a great shot either, but I probably improved quicker than most women because I'd been around long guns my whole life. My folks had pistols, but us kids never shot them that I recall... Ehh, my brothers might have, I guess. The biggest challenge for me was my stance because my knee, hip, back and both shoulders are all jacked-up... Plus I'm ambidextrous w/sports and tools, so it took a bit to figure out whether I was a right or left handed pistol shooter. I'm a righty... better fine motor skills Wink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposed law to allow a gun at a school   Proposed law to allow a gun at a school Empty

Back to top Go down

Proposed law to allow a gun at a school
Page 1 of 1