Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
riceme

riceme

Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders Empty
PostSubject: Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders   Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:26 pm

Great job by the task force!

I was shocked at the number of sex offenders required to register in Escambia County. pale

Quote :
March 23, 2013

At least 50 wanted people were locked up courtesy of a sweep led by U.S. Marshals and the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office targeting the Sex Offenders who failed to keep up with their state mandated registration requirements as registered sex offenders. The week long operation known as Operation F.A.S.T.E.R. (Federally Assisting State Teams Enforcing Registration) also cleared over 50 warrants.

Escambia County was chosen because of the sheer number of people required to register as sex offenders reportedly living in the county.

“There are over 850 people who fit that requirement here in Escambia County,” said Inspector Dominic Guadagnoli of the Task Force. “When our investigators started delving into that list and saw that more and more of those people were not doing what they were supposed to; along with the Sheriff’s Office we decided it was time to make an effort to find some of these ‘missing’ offenders.”

Early Monday morning members of the Florida Regional Fugitive Task Force (FRFTF), to also include task force officers from Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton County Sheriff’s Offices and Fort Walton Beach Police Department met to kick off the round-up. During the course of the operation, the FRFTF also provided Deputy Marshals from Pensacola, Panama City, Tallahassee and Gainesville as well as equipment to support the apprehension efforts.

“As usual when governmental agencies partner in the spirit of cooperation, success is almost a given,” said Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan. “We are proud to have been a part of this effort led by the U.S. Marshal’s Task Force and the State Attorney’s Office in taking known sexual predators off the streets of Escambia County, thereby ensuring the safety of our children.”

Although unlike on numerous occasions in the past where the FRFTF, state and local law enforcement agencies have rallied together to arrest violent fugitives; Operation FASTER is the first effort led by the U.S. Marshals and the Escambia Sheriff’s Office, with the full support of the State Attorney’s Office that was completely coordinated and executed on placing emphasis on the capture of just sex offenders. The U.S. Marshals adopted such interagency teamwork in the early 1980s, when they combined their resources and expertise in fugitive apprehension with the local knowledge and unique insight of officers on the street level.

Commander Frank Chiumento who oversees the FRFTF added, “The officers that work these operations live in the communities they serve,” Professionally, they feel they have an obligation to the community, personally they want their neighbors and their families to feel safe and they are doing something about it,” said Chiumento.
http://www.northescambia.com/2013/03/operation-nabs-unregistered-sex-offenders
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders   Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:02 pm

Very disturbing, Riceme.

Thanks for posting.

I had one move in next door to me at my former home and it's a really eerie feeling.

Ya know, you try not to judge, but it's eerie.

Hopefully this measure will have an impact.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders   Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:10 pm

Yikes. I would most certainly be upset if a registered sex offender moved in next door to me. I am signed up on the alert system to be notified if any move within a 5-mile radius. Fortunately there are currently only two registered sex offenders within a 10-mile radius, so apparently they don't like my neighborhood too well, and that suits me perfectly fine.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders   Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 9:40 am

Just keep one of your guns within easy access in case you ever need it.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders   Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 4:53 pm

Jake92 wrote:
Just keep one of your guns within easy access in case you ever need it.

You tawkin'a me? Hell, I'm *always* armed and dangerous! bom
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders   Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Just because you're armed does not mean you are dangerous. It means you are prepared!!!! :-))))
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders   Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:06 pm

Cool your heels, Jake... it's just a saying! Razz
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders   Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:08 pm

I know it's just a saying and didn't take it wrong..
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders   Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:49 pm

I was just giving you grief, Jakey-poo. tongue Razz rabbit

Wink
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders   Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 7:05 pm

It's OK little cupcake....
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders   Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:49 pm

riceme wrote:
I was just giving you grief, Jakey-poo. tongue Razz rabbit

Wink

Aha....so Jakey-poo it is from now on. You have dutifully earned your new nickname, JP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders   Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Jake92 wrote:

But Riceme ain't no cupcake. I've never seen an armed cupcake. Try again, Jakey-poo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders   Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 5:57 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:
Jake92 wrote:

But Riceme ain't no cupcake. I've never seen an armed cupcake. Try again, Jakey-poo.

You just put a pretty funny image into my head, PB!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders   Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Watch out for those fire-arms...

Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders Firear10
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders   Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Ricey can be my cupcake and you can be Lil Pup.. lol
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders   Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Eric wrote:
Watch out for those fire-arms...

Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders Firear10

LOL!!! Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders   Operation Nabs Unregistered Sex Offenders EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Jake92 wrote:
Ricey can be my cupcake and you can be Lil Pup.. lol

Jake, lots of people have called me "Ricecake/s" over the years, but I cannot recall that ANYONE has ever referred to me as "Cupcake." lol

cat albino
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1